Rooftop Routine

{Kanjo's POV}

Reading at the school building was really peaceful, especially since it was really noisy back at the dorm buildings. I sighed deeply as my eyes skimmed through the book in my hands.

I was supposed to be studying for my hero training and stuff, since I need to review my combat skills, but the last thing that I need is to use my quirk. I heard footsteps and looked up from my book: seeing the door swing open.

"Oh, hello Bakugou-kun." I spoke up, as I saw a familiar blonde-spiked up hair pop from the door.

Bakugou turned his head towards, "Oh, you."

Surprisingly, he didn't curse at me. Instead he turned his attention towards the stairs. I closed my book and followed him.

"So, are you here for your daily roof routine?" I questioned.

I received a small nod from him. I frowned. Bakugou looked like his usual self; spiky blonde hair, deep red eyes, baggy sweatpants, a red/black hoodie, black boots. Nothing unusual. But, then I realized that the heavy veil around him seemed even heavier, if that was possible.

Neither Bakugou or I were friends, since I was in class 1-B. But I never had any ill-feelings towards them, not when Kirishima-san was in there.

Both of us climbed up the stairs at a normal pace, not saying a word. I kept note on how Bakugou kept his gaze down low, his hands buried into the pockets of his hoodie. His hair seemed a little bit more deflated than before. Like, a balloon that had a small hole in it, which allowed air to escape.

Wow, that was rather... descriptive? Anyway, I tried sneaking glances at him, so he doesn't snap at me when he realizes that I'm studying him.

No, not checking him out, that's completely different. I do this with everyone, checking their posture, their facial expression, all the signs of a mentally ill person.

Well, Bakugou was nearly ticking all of those things. His back was slightly arched upwards, his shoulders drooped, his hair was positioned so it partially covered his eyes, his legs were practically being dragged behind him.

I wanted to say something, anything to spark up a conversation. But I had no idea what to say.

'Come on, say something! This isn't the first time you've talked to someone this mentally abused and ill!' I scolded myself, but my mouth wouldn't produce any words.

Before I knew it, we had arrived at the top of the building, aka the roof. The sunlight hit my face, it was a beautiful day.

"The weather feels nice today, doesn't it Bakugou-kun?" I sighed.

He nodded quietly and moved over to the fence. I quickly ran next to him before looking over the edge.

The entrance stood there, students occasionally coming in and out, mostly Mei Hatsume, who was sprinting in and out carrying boxes of metal.

"I wanted to ask something, Kacchan. Oh wait, can I call you Kacchan?" I apologized quickly.

"Sure, whatever..." He mumbled.

This was the first time he talked to me. I smiled, at least he was communicating. I jumped at him, wrapping Bakugou into a hug as a 'Thank you'. I felt him go stiff.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever... Just get off me..." Bakugou muttered and I unpeeled myself from him.

His eyes met mine and I saw that he looked like he was about to go near-tears.

"I-I'm sorry! It was stupid of me to hug you like that, please don't cry!" I yelped, throwing my hands about.

I watched him wiped his eyes and looked away.

"It's fine." He replied sharply.

I frowned. I needed to find out what he's feeling.