Lockers

Authors pov:

Windy wailing echoes through the halls of the dark wood chalet owned by the Hillburys. The noise frightening the little boy who quivers beneath the covers of his bed.

The pitter-patter of little footsteps are heard before he hears his room door creek open which causes him to flinch, clutching the covers tighter.

"L-Laven...I'm scared. May I please sleep here with you"

Relief washed over him hearing the voice of the younger girl. Putting on a brave face he got up slowly to a seated position and said in a caring tone "Oh Y/N, there's nothing to be afraid of, come here" he lifts the covers and made space for her to come in and she wastes no time to climb up and lay beside him. He drapes the warm covers over her and holds both her hands in his to comfort her, as well as himself if we're being honest.

"Thank you, Laven"

"Shh be quiet Y/N. we need to sleep now" he rests his forehead against hers as they cuddle closer, lulling each other to sleep.

•———•

The obnoxious ringing of the school bell snaps y/n out of her memory daze. 'Why am i even thinking of that right now?' Groaning at herself, she rubs the tiredness from her eyes as she gets up from her seat. Gathering her books and stuffing them in her bag she left for her next class. Her head hung low to avoid meeting anyone's eyes as she made her way to her locker. 'Hurry hurry!' She needed to be quick if she didn't want to get caught by- oh, never mind. He's already there waiting for her.

Leaning directly on top of her locker is Prim Highschool's No.1 beauty. Laven Hillbury. His straight blond locks hang forward as he stares into his phone. On either side of him are his 'friends' Dmitri and Lola, though they're more akin to 'followers' in Y/n's eyes. As Laven is dressed stylishly they are as well, although, they could never outshine him.

Y/n clutches the straps of her bag tightly. Anxiety building up. She needs to get to her locker but she knows what will happen if she goes over there. Then again, if she doesn't it'd end up being worse for her later on. 'Dammit'. She moves towards her locker, her eyes still on the ground. She stops when she's close enough for him to at least notice she's there unless he's more absorbed in his phone than she thought.

"Took you long enough" Lavens eyes flit up to her for a moment only to look straight back into his phone. "Open your locker. I need my lunch." Y/n stood awkwardly for a moment, she couldn't get to her locker with him in front of it. "Um.. L-laven, i...could you" her voice was meak and soft. He rolled his eyes "speak up, mouse." he said the nickname as if it were dirt on his tongue.

She couldn't bring herself to speak again so she slowly reached past him to open her locker. Bad idea.Laven's eyes widen in disgust and He shoves her back, not hard enough for her to fall over, but enough for a bruise to start to form near her collar bone. Y/n clenched her teeth. Not wanting to give him the satisfactionof he pained voice that threatend to escape. Her hair cast a shadow over her eyes as she lowered her head under his glare. "Filthy weed, don't you dare get that close to me again." Lola and Dmitri look down on her as well. Laven steps away from her locker and she can feel the piercing stares of Laven and his friends as she opened her locker and gave Laven his lunch bag.

Just before she could close her locker though, Laven slams it closed on her fingers. Y/n's eyes widen and she held back a yelp with clenched teeth. She struggles to open her locker with Laven pushing it down and he's much stronger than he looks. With pleading eyes she looks up at him. He's only an inch away from her face with a blank look in his eyes as he watches her struggle. He then lets go and walked away with his minions as if nothing happened.

Y/n clutched her freed fingers, the delicate flesh now red and she felt it throbbing. There were a few bloody cuts as well, but she hadn't noticed until she actually looked at her hand. Pushing back tears She went to get patched up at the nurses' office.

"Goodness y/n you're too clumsy for your own good! Who closes their locker on their own hand?! Honestly, were you gawking at some boy or something?" the school nurse, a short pudgy lady whose hair was always up in a bun, spoke with a pippy voice that was honestly become annoying to listen to with the number of times y/ns had to hear it. With a breathy laugh, she answers "Haha...no, I guess I just spaced out again"

•———•

Y/ns pov:

I sigh heavily. It's only the middle of the school day.  I still have my break and three more classes.' Although Laven is in the senior year they're in the same building so I'd definitely run into him again. I groan and plop backward on the medical bed. 'I guess ill just skip today.' its not like i have any friends, Laven made sure of that. Mrs. Petunia stepped out to get the nurse's letter to excuse my being late to class, I take this opportunity of her absence to climb out the room's open window and head into the forest that lies behind the school. Good thing we were on the first floor.

It'd be a long walk but I knew a path that leads all the way to the suburb where Laven and I live. Yep, that's right. We live together.

Our parents are best friends and after my mother died me and father moved in with the Hillburys. We've spent a lot of time there over the years anyway, so it wasn't much of a hassle.

After having walked for a while I see the sun was still pretty high up in the sky. I decided to sit beneath the shade of one of the many trees and pass the time by eating the other lunch id made.

Since moving in I ended making lunches for both me and Laven. He did ask me to the first time he saw me make mine and I was happy to since I thought maybe he'd be less mean to me at school. I was wrong of course and that was three years ago.

The sun lowered a bit, so by the time I reach home it should be around sunset. Getting up and dusting off I continue on my path.

A/n:
Hmm, this came out alot shorter than i anticipated. Perhaps the next one shall be longer? Im just making stuff up as i go...so...
Ok! on with the show!
.
.
.
Updates may be slow. :)