Chapter: 1

Chris's eyelids trembled as his eyes slowly adjusted to the bright light around him. Only then did he realize he was lying on a soft, red king-size bed in a room with no windows or furniture other than the contrasting bed. He started to carefully examine and look around his surroundings to see if there was a door, but he was bound to be disappointed.

"Where am I?" he thought as his eyes narrowed with a glint of light. A sparkle of light started to appear until a human-like figure formed in front of him.

"I'm sorry, but who might you be?" Chris asked, taking a step forward, but the boy didn't respond. Chris frowned, feeling dissatisfied.

He walked beside him and squinted his eyes to examine the boy, then proceeded to look down at the book he was holding. Finn raised his eyebrow. "Wasn't that the book I was holding before I slipped?" He facepalmed when he realized how unbothered he was when he said that.

He sat down beside the boy, still looking at the book.

'Vow of Hate' by James Lylah. "Do you mind if I borrow that book? I wasn't able to finish it," he asked.

"Sure," the stranger uttered, and gave the book to Chris. He didn't waste time; he took it and went back to bed to read it.

"God knows how much he loved the plot twists! The poems, spicy scenes, and enemy trope were insane!" Chris gasped at every interaction they had, as if they were burning with hatred, lust, and chaos so perfectly that one would burn if they were ever near them. One thing for sure is that they are twisted af.

"Thanks," and with that, he completely ignored the boy.

"Won't you ask who I am?" Chris took a moment to realize the stranger was talking to him.

"Ah...haha sorry, who might you be?" he awkwardly asked again.

The stranger chuckled, seemingly amused, before he responded, "I'm Raiv. Frankly speaking, I need your help."

"To reduce the embarrassing ambiance," Chris coughed, "What can I help you with?"

"Let's switch our souls."

"Sorry, come again?" Chris had to admit that it startled the heck out of him. Who in the world with a sane mind would ask– no, rather command someone to switch their souls? Apparently, the person in front of him was definitely not in their right state of mind.

"Frankly speaking, we should switch our souls—"

"And what made you think I'd agree?" he cut him off before he could finish his sentence.

"We can benefit from each other. You get to live in my body and take every wealth I have, while I get to experience your modern world," Chris admits it sounds tempting, but who knew if this guy is a criminal and is just making up things to switch their souls.

Chris smiled in a scornfully derisive way. "I appreciate your efforts, Finn, but you seem to be unwell. It's best to seek a doctor."

"There's no need to use butterfly words as a cover to say I'm insane," Chris thought, but chose to keep silent.

"Tss...fine, but only because you mentioned books. As for the rest, I don't give a *** anymore." Just as his voice came to an end, it was as if a spell was chanted. Memories started appearing in Chris's mind like a bomb exploding. He gritted his teeth when he saw the smile plastered on Raiv's face.

"You bastard..." and with that, Chris completely vanished.

Raiv stood up, closing the book, and with a smile, he mumbled, "Deserve." Finn mischievously grinned before he vanished into thin air.