Chapter Four

Almost every night was the same from then on. They would go to bed in separate rooms, then around 2am there would be a knock at Joey's bedroom door, followed by Lauren tiptoeing in and climbing in beside him. She hardly ever said anything, just curled herself up next to Joey and fell asleep.

The Lauren alarm clock rung in Joey's ears.
"Wake up Jojo. I'm bored." It softly said in his ear. Joey smiled at the sight of Lauren's face above him and sat up in his bed. Lauren was already dressed and she jumped around the room as she exited. Joey laughed after her as she left and then turned his attention to his phone on the bedside table. Realising he had 7 missed phone calls from Jaime, he texted her back apologetically.

Joey: I just got up sorry.
Joey: wassup?
Jaime Lyn: Hey joey
Jaime Lyn: btw can we hold the StarKid party at yours tonight?? Denise has only gone and broken the couch.
Jaime Lyn: It's a long story, don't ask. But now we don't have one.
Joey: 😂 sure, lemme just check with Lauren first.
Jaime Lyn: okay that's fine.
Jaime Lyn: wait. What? Lauren?????
Joey: yeah she's my roommate.
Jaime Lyn: WHATTTT? WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN??!?!?!?!?
Joey: okay gtg now.
Joey: Goodbye Jaime
Jaime: Nooooo!!! Joeyyyy! I need to know the goss!!!

Joey chuckled as he threw on some clothes and went to join Lauren in the kitchen. She was sat cross legged on the sofa, eating a massive tub of Ben and Jerry's Cookie Dough Ice-cream, and watching the TV. Joey laughed.
"Lo?" He asked confused. Lauren turned around, the spoon still in her mouth to look at Joey.
"Huh?" She said her voice muffled by the spoon. Joey laughed at her again.
"Why are you eating ice cream for breakfast?" He asked her still laughing. Lauren took the spoon out from her mouth, her face trying not to giggle as she pointed to the clock.
"Joey, it's 1pm." She told him laughing. Joey looked at the clock his mouth falling open.
"Why didn't you wake me??" Joey gawked at her, clearly still confused.
"I did eventually!" She said earnestly.

"Also you were talking in your sleep by the way" she added giggling as he sat down on the sofa next to her. Joey panicked slightly.
"What did I say?" He questioned quickly. Lauren started giggling uncontrollably into her ice cream again.
"Just some random stuff." She shrugged. Joey relaxed slightly.
"Oh and you said my name a few times." Lauren added giggling again. Joey blushed crimson, panicking again and looked down at the floor, so to not look her in the eyes. Lauren stopped giggling as she noticed his embarrassment. She carefully reached her hand out to lift up his chin so their eyes met.
"It was adorable though." She assured him quietly as she smiled him her signature smile, the one that made Joey's heart flutter.

Joey hosted the party that evening. It mostly consisted of, getting drunk and singing Karaoke, and Darren playing Disney songs on his guitar until 4am.
"I'm only going to have a few drinks." Lauren told herself firmly.

After a few hours, Lauren was regretting not taking her own advice, as she slammed her glass down on the countertop, having just finished her just 4th drink of the night. She was reaching for the gin bottle to pour herself her 5th, when Joey swiftly snatched the bottle out of her reach.

Lauren whined and looked at Joey with a pleading look on her face. Joey shook his head
"No, Lo. You've had enough for tonight." Joey told the small girl in front of him. Lauren pulled a face.
"Please JoJo!" She said standing on her tiptoes in an attempt to reach the bottle, but she just ended up falling into Joey who caught her with his remaining arm and pulled her back to a standing position.

"Come on if your playing Joey" Brian's voice called from the other room. At the point, Lauren was finding it quite difficult to remain in an upright position, nevermind walk to another room, so Joey scooped up her petite frame in his arms and carried her, bridal style, into the next room with him. She giggled as her carried her, and Joey realised that he could listen to that little giggle all day.

Joey set her down on the couch Next to him and reached for the PS4 controller before Lauren stopped him shaking her head.
"No Jo-ey" she hiccuped
"Not yet." she said as she shuffled towards him, and Joey felt the butterflies building up in his stomach as she shuffled closer and closer to him until she was sat on his lap and wrapped her small arms around his neck. His heart was beating extremely fast now and it wasn't due to the intense Mario Kart game he was playing.

Joey won the game of Mario Kart, to which Lauren exclaimed:
"Yay Jojo!" Her face was now dangerously close to Joey's. They were practically touching, and Joey was feeling more and more flustered by the second. All he wanted to do was kiss her, right there and then, but she probably didn't like him like that way and was probably only being so affectionate because of the high levels of Alcohol she has consumed.

It was late, and some people had already left. Jaime was singing karaoke to an old Christina Aguilera hit. Joey was still sat on the Couch, Lauren curled up on his lap, her eyelids were fluttering open and closed as she attempted to keep her eyes open, her head resting on his shoulder.

Reluctantly, he scooped up her tiny body again to carry her upstairs so she could sleep. Lauren's eyes fluttered open and she looked up at Joey confused.
"Where are we going Joey?" She asked staring up at up him.
"I'm putting you to bed Lolo" Joey told her smiling. Lauren pouted.
"But I wanted to stay downstairs with you." Lauren protested sulkily.
"Well I don't think that is a very good plan Lo." Joey told her resting her down on the bed. He was just about to leave when he heard Lauren's small voice.
"Wait" she said quietly. Joey turned back round to face her.
"I love you." She said in a small voice. Joey smiled.
"Love you too, Lo." He replied casually. Lauren grabbed his arm to stop him from leaving her.
"No!" She protested.
"I properly love you." She said quietly, her voice barely a whisper. Her chocolate brown eyes found Joey's and she surprisingly managed to focus them. Joey stuttered slightly, his heart was racing so fast, he was sure Lauren could hear it beating. He stared back into her eyes which were like dark pools.
"Kiss me?" She said suddenly.

Joey's heart skipped a beat. He was finding this quite hard to resist. The girl he'd loved since college was asking him to kiss her. He was inches away from her when he suddenly snapped back into reality and reluctantly pulled away. Lauren looked at him, hurt.
"You don't want to kiss me." Lauren said sadly, shaking her head. Joey's heart broke into a million pieces seeing her like this.
"No! It's not that. I really do want to kiss you now, more than anything, but you are very drunk, so I don't think it's a good idea." He explained. Lauren's face fell even more. She looked up at joey, her eyes glistening and before Joey could comprehend what was happening Lauren leaned in, their lips crashed together, and Lauren kissed him like her life depended on it. And although, he knew he probably shouldn't, Joey kissed her back. Eventually he pulled away and opened his eyes. Lauren was looking at his through her lashes, a little smile on her face.
"That was nice" she said quietly.
Joey swallowed and nodded quietly. Lauren smiled calmly as her eyes started to close. Joey leaned over and kissed the top of her head and headed for the door. "Night Lo."

(Honestly parties are the worsttttt place for secrets lolllllllll)