Chapter 3

"Let's go gather some moss," suggested Crowfeather, "You've had a long day, and I don't want you to get into anything where you have to pad too much."

Beepaw nodded.

Padding to a tree, she unsheathed her claws and scraped some moss down.

"It helps you with hunting and fighting," she explained.

"Aah! The tree might fall down! Aaaah! Moss will crush me to death! Aaaaaah!" he yelped.

Crowfeather frowned but scraped more moss down, handing some to Beepaw to hold. "This should be easy enough."

"Aah! It might crush my paws! Aaaah! You take it! Aaaaaah!" he squeaked.

Crowfeather stared in exasperation but gathered up the moss in her teeth, struggling under so much moss.

"Nets ro mome dree na," she mumbled. Moss fell out of her jaws, and she tried again. "Let's go home, Beepaw," she meowed, picking all the moss up again. She toppled over and fell.

"Eek! Get it away, get it away!" squealed Beepaw.

He fled and fled and fled, shivering in fright. Crowfeather finally appeared.

"Beepaw, we're in ShadowClan territory. Quick, we need to get out before ShadowClan finds us!"

"ShadowClan already has, and you two intruders aren't going anywhere anytime soon," a voice growled. Beepaw looked up. 

They had just ran into a ShadowClan patrol.