3 | Cue The Beat Drop

EMERSON

I felt like I'd been hit with a bus.

Twice.

I lifted my head, to be greeted with a very bright and very harsh white light. My eyes thinned in response, considering I'd been trapped in drug induced darkness for who knows how long.

"Alright! If you're trying to blind me into submission, you're doing a terrific job." I said, my voice hurting the second I finished my sentence. It's like I hadn't eaten in days... or drank. How long was I out...?

It wasn't long before I heard the bolts in the door unlocking. I couldn't see anything, thanks to the bright light in my eyes paired with the pitch black surroundings.

All I knew was that the room smelt like blood and sweat. The ingredients for a brilliantly spine- chilling cake. Looking around at what I could, the room was small and dark... and cold. My shoes had been taken off and my dress had been ripped to my thighs. I could tell my skin was pale and a wave of exhaustion blew over me...

"You know, as much as what you did was stupid. It was very well done, safe to say I am impressed..." I'd recognise the voice anywhere. For however long it's been, that voice once sat right next to my ear. A gun not too far from it.

"Oooo Dante DeVanna, just the guy I wanted to see after my slumber. What did you do, prick my finger on a spinning wheel and kiss me awake?" I said, still kind of woozy from the drugs they used.

A low chuckle came from his chest, as he leant against the door. Tucking his hands in his pockets, he took a breath and moved the light from my eyes... and within my inability to control my actions. I gawked.

He's gorgeous ok, y'all understand.

Like, I'm sorry but he was definitely crafted in some sort of lab somewhere. There's no way genetics are that good... He probably noticed I was staring because his smirk grew and his hands moved from his pockets to cross over his very broad chest.

"I'll have to warn Bruno to ease up on the sedatives, can't have prisoners all groggy for questioning now can we?" He said, walking over and tilting my head up with his finger. His pointer finger touched the bottom of my chin and I smiled with a small hum. Shaking my head gently in response to his question. "That was meant to be rhetorical, but you in this state of mind could be useful..."

Dante pulled up a chair, sitting in front of me and leaning his elbows on his knees. I rolled my head to look at him, feeling too tired to physically carry my head properly.

"So, Miss Pierce, care to explain why you crashed my party and shot one of my men?" He said, irritation lacing his syllables. I hummed as I looked away from him, wriggling my hands and wincing at the feeling of the rope burning the skin. "There's no way you're breaking out of them, despite your glorifying reputation... those knots will hold until you run your wrists raw..."

A small chuckle escaped her lips, "Oh Mr DeVanna, don't tempt me..." I groaned. Exhaustion still weighing on my eyelids. "But, I guess answering some questions would help pass the time." I added with a yawn, shaking my head to get my hair out of my face.

Dante noticed my struggle and stood up from his creaky chair, he walked round behind me and pulled a hair tie from his jacket. I felt his hands comb through my hair, me wincing every time he came across a knot. From the pulls, I could tell he was putting my hair into a braid...

"Can I ask something first?" I said quietly, leaning my head back when he finished braiding my hair. "Well, actually a few things." He looked down, his hands laying on my shoulders.