Prologue

One hundred and thirty-eight years ago, the world fell apart. Wars were being fought everywhere you looked. Nobody was safe. Everyone knew that by the end people would be extinct, and there was no way to stop it.

But was that true?

Through all of the dreadful fighting, our six founders decided to break off from the world and find a place where peace could be kept. It was a myth that went around of a place far away from the world that they were looking for. Rana Argaderra (are-gah-der-uh), Abraham Burakin (ber-uh-kin), Darvyn Myada (mee-ah-duh), Orion Panala (pun-all-uh), Zaria Talda (tall-duh), and Anya Wunora (wuh-nor-uh) all set to sea with a ship, a map, and food.

Their journey was rough, getting hit with many storms and all, but eventually they found the place they were looking for. We call it the Islas. The founders took turns deciding which of the six islands they wanted. Soon enough, each person had made a place to live on their own land.

Rana Argaderra sent out letters to people she knew she could trust, asking them to make the trip in order to expand the soon-to-be society. Abraham Burakin had a special mindset on this. He did not like it at all, claiming that you shouldn’t trust anyone to come here with no bad intentions. Darvyn Myada and Orion Panala wanted nothing to do with Burakin’s nonsense, so they sent out letters of their own as a way to show him their view on the problem. Zaria Talda and Anya Wunora took Burakin’s side, wanting the land for themselves. Eventually people started to show up excited about what they were seeing.

Because of Burakin’s, Talda’s, and Wunora’s decision to not invite any people, they started to run low on anything and everything. It took another year or two for them to finally ask for help from the leading island, Argaderra. 

You see, the citizens of Argaderra are known as considerate, good-hearted people who do no wrong. So obviously, they gladly took the three islands in and helped them get back on their feet. Burakin dropped his views and decided to send out letters of his own, although at this time people were already showing up uninvited from word spreading around. 

You could say that it was a good thing three fourths of the population was killed off, otherwise there would be no room on the Islas. The only downside was that the people that came were all the world had left.

That is the exact reason why Argaderra is the leading island. If you were to ever learn about the history of the Islas in schooling, you would hear about the six islands in this order: Argaderra, Talda, Burakin, Myada, Wunora, and Panala.

Each island has its own importance, though, understand that. We all rely on each other. If one island fails to keep up their part, all of us others will fall as well. 

Argaderra is our food source, Talda is our technology source, Burakin is our energy source, Wunora is our transportation source, Myada is the clothing source, and Panala is the source of gases and oils. Some of these things are more important than others, yes, but we need all of them at some point or another.

One thing to keep in mind is that it’s not the products that hold our world together, it’s the people. And some people can’t handle not being at the top.