Chapter 2 - The Big Audition

Today was the day of my first broadway audition! As i got out of my sleeping bag, I was super nervous but a little excited. New york apartments were really expensive to rent, so I'd set up my nest in the back car of a subway. Buying a subway pass was a lot cheaper than paying for rent, after all. As I got up for the day, I rolled up my sleeping bag and put all my many stuffed animals back into my suitcase. I wiped the tired out of my eyes, and stood up, pulling the cord that you pull to tell the driver to stop. "Thank you!" I said, getting off the subway and onto the streets of New York.

My audition was in a big theatre building in the middle of times square. I was auditioning for a new musical called "American Idiot." The title sounds a bit rude, I thought, but well, beggers cant be choosers!

As I approached the building with the big "OPEN AUDITIONS" sign, I saw a familiar face. "S-Saint Jimmy?" I ask perturbed?

"Woah, it's mega bitch from yesterday! Didn't I curbstomp you?" He asks with a smug smirk on his cute face... wait... did I just think his face was cute?

"Y-You did push me down a bit..." I say blushing. Crap... I was starting to produce slick again.

"Well I'll do it again." He says, shoving me violently to the ground. "Ouchie!" I scream!"

"U-Um... well..." I say from the ground. "Are you here for the musical auditions too?"

"As if!" He exclaimed. "I wouldn't be caught dead with this gay ass theatre shit. (A/N: I support LGBTQIA+ peoples but Saint Jimmy doesn't because he thinks it's cool.) "No..." he continues, "I'm just here to bring my girlfriend to the auditions. She's a theatre major at NYU."

Suddenly a mousy girl crawls out of St. Jimmy's behind. "Sorry about my boyfriend here," she says. "He can be a little childish sometimes," she laughs, extending an arm to me. "My name is Whatsername. Vanessa Whatsername."

As I stand up with her help, I smile widely. "It's nice to meet you vanessa! I'm glad one of you can be a little nice to me maybe."

"No problem," she chuckles, as saint jimmy rolls her eyes behind him.

"Well, I'll pick you up after your audition then, pigeon shit." Saint Jimmy says, thumping the back of Whatsername's head. "Thanks babe," she says, laughing quaintly.

"Well..." says Whatsername. "Do you want to run lines for a bit before we audition? You seem like a nice person. Us Omegas have to look out for each other, after all." She says with a smile.

"Sure!" I say, smiling back wider.

Then we run lines for a bit before we audition. I'm super nervous to audition. I hope I do well, I think! Whatsername, though, is super cool and confident. She's the kind of girl to do anything and everything on her own volition, and she even has dyed hair. She is definitely going to kill these auditions. "Wow," I say. "I wish I could be just like her." Then I remember something I heard from my mother a long time ago, before she died in the plane crash. She always told me to be careful what I wished for. In fact, one time she wished she could go on a vacation, and won a sweepstakes for a trip to south korea to meet EXO, but the plane she got on crashed and that's how she died in a plane crash. "N-Nevermind..." I say, taking back the wish.

Suddenly, the producer calls my name. It's time for me to audition! I nervously crawl onto the stage as the casting director begins to speak. "Hi there, how are you?" She asks sweetly. "My name is Heather."

"I'm g-g-good." I say. "Just a little nervous."

"Oh, there's no need to be nervous." She says, "just sing for us! And maybe you can get a part in broadway."

"Well... I don't know what to sing." I say, blushing.

"Just sing something you care about. Something that makes you feel warm inside."

I blush cutely... And for some reason my mind begins to wander to Saint Jimmy, the rude man from earlier. I can't get him out of my mind, i think, as slick starts pouring out of my pantleg. I knew I should have worn my Attends today! The thought of him, though, is definitely inspiring to me.

I begin to sing my favorite song, "Michael in the Bathroom," from the musical Be More Chill. The thought of Saint Jimmy fuels me to sing extremely well, with strong vibrato and range. At the end of my performance, all of the casting directors clap wildly.

"Bravo! Bravo!" Shouts Heather. "You're such a good singer, and I love the way that you're not like other singers."

"Th-Thank you..." I stammer, walking off the stage, making sure not to slip on the gigantic puddle of slick i've produced on the stage.

"Next up..." says Heather, the casting director, "Is Vanessa Whatsername."

Vanessa walks onto the stage vibrantly, beginning to sing beautifully. "I dreamed a dream of days gone by- WOAH!"

Suddenly Whatsername slips on my puddle of slick, and flies off the stage, hitting the ground with a deafening crack. She stops singing. There is bone poking out of her neck.

"D-Doctor!" shouts Heather. "Is anyone here a doctor?!"

"I'm a doctor!" Says a woman getting ready to audition, climbing out of the line and towards Whatsername. "Oh no... I-I don't think I can save her. I'm not the extraordinary girl that I used to be."

"O-Oh No..." I say. "Did I do that?"

"Oh God!" Heather yells, throwing up on the floor. "She died! Oh no!"

Suddenly, the front doors of the theatre burst open. Saint Jimmy walks in. "Hey my bitch girlfriend, are you done with your auditions? We should go back and smoke some cocaine now." He says smugly, until he looks at the mangled mess that was once Whatsername. "B-Babe?" He says softly. Suddenly, a small box falls out of his back pocket, and a huge diamond ring pops out. He was getting ready to propose.

"S-Saint Jimmy! It isn't what it looks like!" I scream.

"N-NO!!" St. Jimmy screams. "SHE WAS MY LIFE!!!" He whips around, tears rolling down his cheeks. "I'M GOING TO SUE THIS ENTIRE PRODUCTION!" He yells, running back out the front door. Glup... i think. He's even hot when he's mad!

"Oh crap..." says Heather. "I guess auditions are over for today, then." She says, staring sadly at Whatsername's remains. "Everybody go home. We'll call whoever got the part."

"Awwww..." says everyone in the theater.

"Crap..." I say. "This is the second worst audition I've ever been on."