Chapter 4

Y/n's PoV

Y/n: "You're so stupid. So so sooo stupid to think he would come to listen to you reading some cheesy vampire story. Idiot! Urgh!"
I grunted rolling away the large snow ball I made.
It had snowed a lot last night, so I decided to have fun on my own to shake off the annoyance I woke up with. It's probably because I fell asleep before he came.
I must admit, I'm a little annoyed with him as well for not waking me up.
He spent the whole day in his private work room. I didn't see much of him. I had dinner and just decided to come out to enjoy the snow.  Today was mostly grey and now the daylight was fading away as night closed in.
Y/n: "Uhhh!"
I rolled the somewhat round snowball under the tree and and tapped off the snow off my hands. Catching my breath I clenched my gloved hands into fists and looked up at our bedroom.
He was stood on the balcony, looking in my direction, but not directly at me.
And he had no shirt on!
Is he for real?! It's freezing cold. I squinted my eyes looking at him.

"Jacob! Shirtless all the time!"
I muttered under my breath still staring at him.
He seemed lost in thoughts but suddenly, his eyes shifted to me and I quickly averted my head. Darn it!
Clearing my throat I look around trying to look normal, as if I was looking for something. After few seconds, I gave a very subtle glance again and he was gone from there.
Y/n: "phew!"
I breathed slowly.
"Show off! Playing hard to get!"
I hissed under my breath rolling my eyes and turned.
"Ahhh!"
I squealed, jumping and almost close to having a heart attack.
Stumbling back, I tripped on the bit of the protruding root of the tree and fell back into the snow.
He stared curiously at the snowball I made, completely ignoring me who was laying on the snow like bird hit by a slingshot.

He didn't hear me did he?!
At least warn me before you appear will you!

Honestly how does he do that? Just appear whenever he wants to so quickly!
Maybe it's just me losing track of time whenever he's around.

Y/n: "urgh..."
I shuffled trying to get up and suddenly felt His arms winding around me so quickly. he lifted me up at once.
Tae: "You ok?"
He asked with his left arm still around my waist.
Y/n: "Mm hm..."
I said awkwardly squeezing my shoulders and fluttering my eyelids trying to stop myself from staring at his bare chest under that open fur coat. Maybe this coat keeps him warm and that's why he doesn't need a shirt underneath.
Wait... nah! Honestly y/n! How illogical do you have to be?! He just like to show off!

Tae: "What's that?"
He questioned switching his curious glance to the snowball again, distracting me from my thoughts.
Well, I thought it was round enough to be called a ball? Is it not? I was in doubt myself now. Are my skills THAT bad?! Seriously? Why does he have to be so critical!

Y/n: "Uhm...a ...snowball."
I answered staring at it myself.
Tae: "Hm. Very creative."
He murmured and looked at me amused.

The audacity! What does he expect? Carve a frigging Tajmahal in half an hour?!
I pursed my lips hiding the irritation. My mood was foul already and he's here to make it even worse, I see.

Tae: "I missed our your reading session last night.
He said taking his arm off my waist after making sure I was steady on my feet.
Yes, you did. I waited so long. Maybe apologise.
I stared at him silently while grousing inside.
Tae: "Read for me."
He commanded again without even the slightest hint of remorse.
You what?! This man! No! Say no y/n. Just say it. My mind grumbled.
But of course, he smiled softly tilting his head and melting my heart. Reaching his hand, he tucked away the few strands of hair brushing my cheek behind my ears. His touch almost electrocuted my weak heart, in a good way tho, you know.
I smiled feeling my cheeks burn.

I sat down with content and took the book in my hand. He smiled softly, his serene gaze fixed fully on me. I didn't mind it anymore, in fact I longed for the warm rays of his gaze on me. I could happily bask in it all day long like a bird warming its feathers in the warm sun after days of rain. So soothing.