Storms

"Steph, what's the matter?" Lindsey asked in a soft voice, as he bends down, and grasped for her hands.

Lindsey takes Stevie's hands into his, as he stares into her big almond eyes of brown, as she stares intently into his bright blue eyes.

"Oh, my gosh.. Well," Stevie emits a soft laugh, as she groans slightly.

"Heh... Remember how I wasn't feeling the greatest the last few weeks?" Stevie mentions in a nonchalant way, as Lindsey widens his eyes.

"You're not... Sick, are you?" Asked Lindsey, as tears begin to well up in his eyes; Fearing for the worst.

"No, no... No, no, no, no.. Not, not sick," Stevie exclaims, while wiping a strand of hair from her face.

"Well... What did the doctor tell you?" Lindsey asked, as he tightens his grasp on Stevie.

"Uhm... I'm pregnant," Stevie deadpans.

Lindsey's jaw drops to the ground, as he doesn't know how to respond to Stevie.

Lindsey absolutely loves the fact that they have such a large, and beautiful family--- Although this wasn't exactly planned... Well, to be fair, neither were their other five children.

"Linds--- Lindsey.. What are you feeling?" Stevie asked, after a moment of silence.

Lindsey is still off in his own reverie; As he's trying to wrap his head around the fact that he and Stevie are about to become parents all over again--- For the sixth-time.

"Lindsey, are you disappointed?" Asked Stevie in a low voice, as she cups her hand on Lindsey's face.

Upon hearing that, Lindsey pulls out of his reverie, to gaze into Stevie's eyes.

"Disappointed?" Lindsey tilts his head, while eliciting a small, crooked smile.

"No, n-no, no honey... S-shocked.." Lindsey's eyes widen, while simultaneously nodding his head.

"Shocked, and s-s-surprised, yes... Disappointed? No," Lindsey exclaims, as he gazes lovingly into Stevie's eyes.

"I, uhm... I am actually quite happy," Lindsey mentions, as his eyes happen to find their way to Stevie's mid-section.

"You're happy?" Stevie asked, while furrowing her eyebrows on him, and emitting a soft laugh.

"Because your expression says otherwise," She said, while shrugging her shoulders.

"I am shocked.. I'm not denying that," Lindsey honestly replies, as he clicks his tongue.

"I am shocked and happy," Lindsey mentions, as he stood up, then exhales a deep breath.

"I'm shappy," Lindsey exclaims, followed by a slight chuckle.

"Shappy?" Stevie said, while tilting her head to the side, then emitting a guffaw.

"Yes, it's a mix of h-happy, and shocked.. A perfect description of how I am currently feeling at this exact moment in time," Lindsey replies, as a bright smile appears on his face.

"We're going to have another baby, baby," Lindsey exclaims proudly, as he then proceeds to lift Stevie up, and twirls her around.

"Don't say baby, baby," Stevie shook her head, vigorously, while eliciting a comical expression.

"One set of beautiful twins is enough for us," Stevie exclaims, while narrowing her eyes on Lindsey.

Lindsey laughs at Stevie's facial expression. "Heh, you're right. I love those two more than anything in this whole world... But they are a couple of handfuls," He sighs, albeit contentedly.