Chapter 4: Morally grey

Don't ask for updates

---

Two years later

A yawn escaped you as you sat on the train on your way back home. You covered your mouth ever so slightly, your fingers were spread out and you knew your mouth was visible but you didn't care. Your eyes were half open, giving you a tired dead fish eyed look. Your school bag that was once filled with shrunken snacks that would last you throughout the day was empty and hunger began to seep through your body. You never really paid attention in school. The thing they taught you were subpar and useless, becoming an honor student was too easy for you to even begin to comprehend. Lucky for you, the teachers hated you just as much as you hated them. Or at least that's what you assumed, why else would they let you eat and sleep in class?

Once your stop came you stepped off the train and began your trek home. You lived in a shady, and organized crime filled area. But you didn't pay rent so you didn't really care either way. The building you lived in was nice enough, it was a small 1 bedroom apartment, but home nonetheless. You stood in the elevator of the apartment building and ignored the smell of pee that was prevalent. The button to your floor lit up , turning white, and you yawned again as you waited for the door to close.

"Ah, Y/n hold the door!"

A soft sigh escaped you as you stopped the door from closing, and your landlord held a large box as he approached. Once he was in you allowed the doors to close as the elevator went up. Your landlord, Horihei Kazane, stood at 6'3 with long dark purple hair that is normally pulled into a traditional ponytail style. He had a dad bod that didn't look too bad on him, it complimented him well actually, and cat like yellow eyes. From what you could see about him he was a very skilled fighter and the head of the local yakuza. To everyone in the building he was an intimidating man, to you he was the cool guy that would feed you cat food. He lived on the same floor of you but on the other side, so you did make sure to visit often. When the floor came you let him step out first, and then bid him farewell as you went your separate ways.

"I'm home.." You mumbled to no one in particular as you took off your shoes. You dropped your bag on the floor and made your way to the kitchen. You were so hungry, maybe you'll have curry again today. Washing the rice was your first step, you made sure to set aside the rice water once you were done. Your mind was foggy as you cooked, your body moving on its own from muscle memory from having done this so many times before, The rice was in the rice cooker and the stove was ready for you to start making the curry, all you were missing were the vegetables and meat. The only bedroom in the apartment was used as your own garden, you had fruits, vegetables, and plants galore inside and it was one of the only places where your mind was whole. The room was spacious enough, and with the help of your quirk it was even bigger. Picking up the basket at the door way you walked around the room picking out the vegetables you needed. Next you plucked off droopy or dead leaves that were around the room. Once your basket had enough of what you needed you looked at the two black boxes on the floor and bowed out of respect.

---

Once you were done making your abundances of food you placed containers of it in the fridge for lunch tomorrow. You held three plates in your hand as you put on your sandals and made your way over to Horihei's home. You didn't need a key to open doors or have locks undone, a simple call to your quirk allowed you in any door or wall. You make sure to close the door behind you as you walk in, not knowing Horihei was was having a talk with one of his right hand men. While Horihei was calm about the sudden entry, his partner aimed a gun at you immediately and if it wasn't for you jamming his gun you'd probably be rebuilding your brain. "I made curry." you said simply.

Daichi Han put away his gun once he saw your face, thankful that the gun jammed. You were a quiet little thing, but sweet enough to him. Daichi sat across from Horihei in the living room as you placed the two plates on the table for them. The older man bowed his head in apologies and you simply shrugged.

"Thank you Y/n. Have you been paying attention in school?" Hori asked as he stood up to get spoons and drinks. Hori was the closest thing you had to normality beside your plants. He was a calm older man, and the person that found you after that traumatic night.

"No. Not really. It's too easy for me to really care to be honest. All I have to do is ask Chikara for help or the answer and she'll give it to me." You said with a shrug. Hori opened the wine cooler up for you, and handed you your favorite flavor while he and Daichi had their beers. You were only a teenager, but wine coolers were definitely one of your favorite things. You took a sip from the one you were given and relaxed at the familiar taste.

"So what you're looking for is a challenge huh?" Hori teased as he began to eat the plate of warm curry. "How about you get into that little hero school? You make it in and you don't have to pay rent anymore."

"But I don't pay rent."

"Pumpkin, you make me a kilo of cocaine every month, that's your rent."

"Oh.. well since I pay rent can you clean the elevator. Or put cameras in it?"

Daichi nodded his head in agreement, his fingers moving to sign and explaining how fed up he was about the peeing in the elevators. Hori rolled his eyes but nodded and agreed nonetheless. "Now about that challenge."

"What about it?" you said as you ate some of your curry.

"Do you agree to the terms?" Hori asked, lean forward to look at you with eager eyes.

"Once I get in do I have to stay?"

"That's up to you kid. You can destroy hero society or help them for all I care."

You hummed softly as began to take bigger portions into your mouth. After everything you've been through why should you help them when they have not helped you? "Destroy sounds better to me."

Hori burst out laughing, clapping his hands a few times before looking at you with a sinister glint in his eyes. Daichi smirked at this as well, eyes of intense interest watching everything go down. As Hori smiled his fang like canine glistened slightly,  "Now we're talking!"