39

Ana let Steve walk Sharon back to her hotel and stayed back with Sam

Ana let Steve walk Sharon back to her hotel and stayed back with Sam. They sat in the lobby together and were waiting for him, "So you didn't sign?"

Sam leaned back in his seat and looked to the roof, "No. I know what it's like to have my rights taken, those Accords would've just made it worse."

"It's just... I get why Natasha would want to sign." Ana threaded her fingers through her hair, "She wants us to all stay together. I mean, we feel like a family especially to those of us who don't have one. She's afraid of losing it."

"I just think we'd lose it the second we sign."

"I agree." Ana kept looking down at her shoes, the fancy heels for the funeral being new and unused until today, "Everyone has their reasons for signing and not signing. I just don't agree with Tony's point of view."

"What you said to him-" Sam started and locked eyes with her, "-that was brave. I know your families were close so it must have been hard but-"

"None of us are out of the woods with what I said though. We've all made mistakes and decided to avoid looking at the damage. I just don't appreciate how it felt like Tony was using Sokovia as a manipulation tactic to win an argument. This whole Accords situation shouldn't have been an argument, it should have been a discussion but no one can ever just talk things out. It always turns into, I'm right you're wrong I win. Both sides made excellent points, but Tony turned it into a fight."

Sam blew air from his mouth, "This is why I don't underestimate you."

"I knew I shocked everyone. I want to remain happy and optimistic but this isn't something I could be neutral on."

"I know. Trust me, this is already hard as it is."

"I mean... Look how they're already treating Wanda... like she's some war criminal."

Sam shook his head, "Wanda is a good person, that has to mean something."

"People fear what they don't understand." Ana tells him, "And look at her... Look at me. I mean, the only reason why people aren't as afraid of me as they are her is because I've been in this spotlight without powers."

Sam was about to say something when the TV in the lobby started to play the conference. On screen was King T'Chaka, "When stolen Wakandan vibranium was used to make a terrible weapon, we in Wakanda were forced to question our legacy. Those men and women killed in Nigeria, were part of a goodwill mission from a country too long in the shadows. We will not, however, let misfortune drive us back. We will fight to improve the world we wish to join. I am grateful to the Avengers for supporting this initiative. Wakanda is proud to extend its hand in peace."

"Everybody get down!"

And suddenly the screen stopped displaying the conference. Ana quickly stood up in horror, "Wh-We need to watch the news."