chapter four

Pushing the door open, he stepped inside and as an instinct, his eyes searched for the white haired beauty.

When he found her lying peacefully on his bed, he heaved a sigh of relief. She was still here.

Moving towards her, he saw that she was fast asleep, her white hair seemed to be covering the majority of her face. Tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear, he made his way to the balcony. He didn't want to disrupt her sleep. She already seemed very tired.

Holding the railing between his palms, he stared at the forest in front of him. It went on for acres. The howling of creatures filled the cold air.

Who are you?

This question kept repeating over in his mind. Who was she? She didn't seem like a normal human being. Out of his four hundred and twenty four years of living on this planet, never had he encountered such beauty.

Her beauty held such a unique and enchanting aura around them. One would immediately be drawn to her.

Her eyes.

He didn't even want to start on those arctic orbs. They held such depth and mystery, pulling one into them. This reminded him of the feeling he had felt when he first met her eyes.

It felt as if his body was lit up with a tingling sensation. It felt like he could see a whole other world in her artic orbs. Their depth was terrifying yet intriguing and he surely was intrigued.

Her hair was also quite unique. It's length was abnormally long and the color wasn't one of when people turned old. Her hair had a light blue and golden shine to them. It was odd but so beautiful. He would drop to his knees in front of her, he was that enchanted by her.

What was wrong with him?

Shaking his head, he held the railing tightly. He had the sudden urge to drink blood. It felt like his bloodthirst was increasing by each passing year and that wouldn't be the best situation with someone like her in his room.

He didn't want to regret any impulsive acts. He was already drowning in enough guilt.

Sighing, he clutched his brown locks, pulling at them harshly. What was she doing to him? In the span of a single day, she had managed to twist all his attention towards her.

How?

He needed answers, he needed them quickly. He knew now that she wasn't human. Even her aura didn't seem anything human. He would’ve noticed it earlier if he wasn’t so angry about that letter and so enchanted by her. She was something special but it was as if he had never even encountered such a being and he had encountered a lot of beings in his life.

Werewolves, vampires, witches, elves, mermaids, faes, fairies, dragon shifters.

But she was none of them. How? What in the world was she? All the questions were starting to get on his nerves. He always had a bad temper and he was in no mood to accidentally take his anger out on his enchantress.

Rushing out of the room, he went straight to the library because he knew that was the only place where he would always get his answers. Except about certain things.

He lit up a candle in one corner and sat down there with mutilple huge books about different kinds.

He opened the first one which happened to be of witches. Even though he had read all of these books numerous times, he was sure that he would've missed something. Something that would explain the mess he had entangled himself in.

Scanning the pages, he made sure to read each word twice to make sure he wasn’t missing anything.

After a couple of hours, he shut the last book and threw it at the wall. He was starting to get frustrated. Maybe she is actually human and her looks are just rare.