chapter two

Her eyes remained focused on the rain drops that cascaded down the once clear glass of the ginormous window. Sleep hadn't been an option for her last night due to her thoughts and not to forget the heavy rain.

Now that her thoughts were slightly in place, she felt better. She didn't know how but she was going to get out of this place. No way was she staying here with this monster. Thankfully the rain also had come to a halt now.

Slight movement caught her attention, making her look at the monster who was now starting to wake up. Iliana immediately casted her eyes down when she saw him sit up straight in his ginormous bed.

Why was everything in this place ridiculously ginormous?

"Why are you sitting there?" the man questioned, his voice was deep and held power, his voice was the type that would make you drop to your knees, that's how much power it held.

"I-i just like seeing the rain." she answered, shifting her eyes to the window. She didn't want to see the monster. Seeing him was just a bitter reminder of her weakness and vulnerability.

Without responding, he stood up and went to take a bath. After he was done, he came out wearing a pair of brown slacks with a lose white button up shirt. He saw iliana in the same position as before, her eyes focused outside as her head rested on her knees which were held to her chest by her pale and frail arms.

He had also noticed that she was quite pale for any normal being. Sure, his kind was pale but she even beat them. Was she sick?

His eyes trailed her attire that consisted of a rather thin white dress which didn't seem to be helping much in covering her ash white skin. His eyes didn't focus on her skin like any normal man's would. He wasn't the type to look at woman in that way without their permission.

"Stand up."

The simple combination of two words and seven syllables that held so much authority in them that one could feel the power in those words through waves. To say his voice terrified her to the core would honestly be an understatement.

Quickly scrambling to her feet, she focused her eyes on the floor while her arms remained tightly around her body, her abnormally long hair covered her front. Now that he saw, there wasn't much difference in the color of her skin, the dress and her hair.

"Wait here." with that said, the man left the room in such speed that she felt like if she would've blinked, she would've missed it. Sighing, she sat down on the floor with her head in her hands, why was this happening to her?

On his way, he collided with someone. Turning around, he saw his younger brother, Hermes. He was in his training clothes while his sword was safely secured in the scabbard, his forehead was glistening with sweat indicating him that he just got done with training.

"Where are you off to, dear brother?" Hermes questioned as he rubbed his sweaty palms on his clothes. The soon to be king for the first time in his life hesitated, what was he supposed to say? Oh, nothing, brother, there is just an enchanting girl that I found in my balcony last night in my room right now and her dress is quite thin and I don't want to make her feel uncomfortable even though I may have scared her to the bone so I am going to Ophelia to borrow a dress.

He mentally sighed. Why was he doing this again?

"Just some business." he said, nonchalantly. His younger brother looked suspicious and confused at the same time but didn't question which brought a sense of relief to the soon to be king. He was about to leave when Hermes spoke up again, his words stopping him dead in his tracks, pure fury igniting within his heart, slowly engulfing him that he even momentarily forgot what he was doing here.