✧Nightmare or Reality?✧ Eugene x Reader

{•Nightmare or Reality?•}
Eugene x Reader

Reader - Female
AU - An AU where Scarlett dies in a different way
Trigger Warning - Gore(This is expected for a zombie apocalypse thing but just a warning for people like me who gets easily uncomfortable or dizzy by reading, thinking or seeing something that includes blood and shit. Since for me when I see, think or read any bloody scenes I get mental images and my head tends to hurt and feel dizzy for the next ten minutes.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you insane? You're not going out there alone!" Eugene suddenly said as he slammed his hand on the desk, "But Eugene–" "No buts. I'm coming with you." "We'll come too." Harry and Ethan stood up. "Alright then, Harry, Ethan, Eugene and Y/n will be in charge of getting food and drinks. Zion, Sue, Hailey and I will be here and secure the surroundings for you guys once you're back." I nodded, "Scarlett? Would you mind going with Y/n and the others?" Lawrence asked, "Fine, just this once." I smiled a little and nodded, "Alright, Is everyone ready to go then?" Ethan, Eugene and Harry nodded. We waved at the others before walking out, once we reached the first floor we immediately ducked down against the wall once we heard movements and growling outside.

Ethan looked out he window cautiously before ducking back down and looking at us, ‘there's only three of them, but we have to be careful not to alert more when we take them down.’ Ethan signed, we nodded and held onto our weapons as we made our way out. Ethan was the first to walk out of the door, Harry following behind him and motioned us to follow closely. I looked over my shoulder as soon as we hid behind one of the bushes, Scarlett's expression showed a serious look but her hands visibly shaking showed that she was scared. She noticed me looking at her and shot a glare before looking away, "It's okay." I whispered, her expression soften a little but her brows were still furrowed. I looked back at the two on my left and Harry placed his index finger on his lips.

I looked forward and almost jumped when I noticed the zombies flinched and looked around as if it smelled our scent, I ducked down as well as Eugene and Scarlett when the zombie turned to our direction. I was so glad we didn't accidentally brush on the bushes when we ducked down, otherwise we would've been done. Scarlett's eyes were tearing up as she gripped onto her shirt, I immediately knew why and I gently rubbed her back. I was scared as well, but being scared won't lead us anywhere, it took us a few seconds before Ethan and Harry jumped out of their spot and attacked the ones coming close to us. Eugene grabbed both me and Scarlett and pushed us behind him as he hit the last one on the head, Ethan swinging his bat at it once it hit the ground.

"Are you girls okay?" Harry asked once he noticed Scarlett's trembling form, "We're fine, Scarlett, why don't we send you back inside?" I asked, Scarlett seemed hesitant before shaking her head. "N..no. I'm fine." Even though her voice trembled, her eyes showed determination. "You don't have to force yourself, if you can't take it anymore just say the word and we can take you back here immediately." She nodded, I helped her stand up and we made our way out the school. It's been about seven minutes since we left the gate and hide from the passing zombies, Ethan was the one leading the way, Harry behind him, Scarlett and Eugene next to me. Eugene was most likely behind us as a shield in case a zombie comes up behind us.

Ethan suddenly stopped in his tracks and turned to us before motioning us to hide, we did and Ethan looked at all of us. "We'll be in our destination at the next building, but there seems to be a lot of them inside..." Hs started before letting out a sigh. "And this might be risky." He paused and looked at us once again, "Two of us will have to distract them out of the store and make a run for it to pick out the things we need." He added, my eyes widen at his words. "Two? If there's more than five then that's not enough to take all of them out!" I whisper-yelled. "I know, but– the more people to grab food and drinks, the sooner we finish." Unfortunately he was right.