A Little Bit of Fun.

The next morning, I open my eyes and Nat is gone. I sit up in the bed quickly and see Peter asleep in the chair in the corner of the room.

"Peter?" I ask and he jumps up.
"What? Oh yeah it's me." He says and calms down again.
"Where's Nat?"
"She wanted to go train, so she put me in charge of your safety." Peter says and salutes me.
"Uh. Okay." I say with a half smile.
"Ha! Gotcha. You definitely just smiled." He says proud of himself.
"Shut up." I say and pull the covers off me. I wince in pain from the bruise on my rips and Peter is there in a millisecond to help me.
"Thanks." I say and use him to help me up.

We walk out of Nat's room and into the kitchen. No one is there except Bucky, who's reading a newspaper.

"Could you give us a minute?" I ask Peter and he nods. Heading back down the hallway to his room.

"Hi." I say and Bucky looks at me with a small smile.
"How do you feel?" He asks.
"Better."

The two of us sit for a moment, not saying anything.

"I wanted to thank you." I say breaking the silence.
"For what?" He asks and I look at him.
"For avenging me." I say and he looks down.
"I wanted you to know he was never going to be an issue again. The situation had to be handled." Bucky says and I nod in agreement.

The silence takes over again and I rest my head on my hands. Bucky makes me feel safe, like Peter but different. Peter is sweet and loving towards me, Bucky is protective and stern. He's kind of like the father I never had.

"When he grabbed you in the jet. I thought I could strangle him to death in front of everyone." He says and I look up at him.
"No one would've blamed you." I respond and grab his metal hand in mine. "Thank you. For handling it." I say one last time then Steve and Tony come in.

"Good morning tinman! Good morning to you too y/n. I hope you two slept well." He says and let go of Bucky's hand.

We both stay silent, neither of us wanted to deal with Tony's shenanigans right now.

"How do you feel?" Steve asks and sits next to me.
"I'm fine." I say and he gives me a half fake smile.

"I heard it's someone's birthday tomorrow! We must celebrate. Party, anyone?" Tony says and my eyes grow with concern.
"No! Please no party." I say.

Everyone looks at me and Bucky stands up.
"She said no party. So there will be no party." He says and grabs a drink from the fridge.

I look at him and nod, thanking him for sticking up for me again. Tony sighs and rolls his eyes.

"How about just a dinner? With all of us?" He asks looking at me.
"Fine. But no one else." I respond causing him to grin.

Tony walks out with Steve close behind. They're always busy with something.

"Tomorrow's your birthday, then?" Bucky asks and I nod.
"Sadly. If you guys wouldn't have saved me in time... things would've been much worse." I say.
"Yeah. I remember what Nat told us at lunch the day you two moved in." Bucky says and gives me a kind look.

Peter comes in and starts looking through the pantry.
"Guys. I'm starving." He says making Bucky chuckle.
"I'll leave you two. I'll speak to you later." Bucky says rubbing my shoulder, then leaving.

I watched Peter look through all the cupboards trying to find food. It was cute seeing him struggle. He checked the fridge last and found eggs.

"Do you want some? I make some good scrambled eggs!" He says proudly.
"Yeah. I'd love some." I say and watch as he starts preparing breakfast.