|chapter 9|

-tartaglia and dottore were talking-

dottore pov:

"wow that was.. rather harsh dottore."

"she wasn't helping. she deserved it."

"well you didn't have to hurt her. you know how i am, but that was unjust."

"i don't care what you think is just and unjust."

"anyways.. how have you been. you know the other harbingers are mad at you right?"

"yes of course i know that. i'll be leaving now. i assume you have a job to do."

"right you are. goodbye number 3. see you later."
tartaglia walked off"

he sighed
"he's just as annoying as i remember."
dottore started walking to the restaurant he had marked on the note he gave [codename]

your pov:

you waited for dottore at the restaurant you didn't quite know the name of, it looked fancy and expensive. you realized your palms were scratched on the pavement when he shoved you. they were bleeding and you didn't have anything to wipe them on. she just sat there and let them bleed.

after a couple minutes, dottore reached the restaurant. he walked over to the girl and saw her looking at her hands.

"hello, i'm back. that guy is incredibly annoying. anyways i'm deeply sorry that i had to push you, but it was my only way out. are you okay?"

"yeah, my hands are bleeding and that's it. it's not too bad."

he lightly grabbed her hands, then pulled out a handkerchief out of his pocket.

"we can't have your hands bleeding while we eat."

"but- won't the blood ruin your cloth?"

"well it can wash out. and if it doesn't, i'll just get a new one. your hands could get infected if i don't clean them."

"...thank you"

"of course. after i was the one who hurt you, it's just proper to help you."

being nice was completely out of character for dottore. but things were changing. maybe y/n brought out the best in him, maybe he brought out the best in her. they were both complementary to each other. a perfect match. not romantically of course.. right?