|chapter 16|

i said i would write tomorrow on the last chapter.. i lied.

it was about 8 in the morning when y/n woke up with the sunlight shining through the window. she blinked the sleep out of her eyes and quietly sat up. the smell of specialty fontaine coffee was wafting through the air in the shared room. as she assessed her surroundings, she noticed the shower was running. "shit. he beat me to it" she thought to herself. she slowly got out of the comfortable bed and walked over to the coffee press to pour herself a cup. she was looking around for creamer and sugar, and there we're already two sugar cubes out with a small creamer pot with exactly two shots of creamer in it. two shots of creamer and two sugars. her exact order. how did he know this? she never mentioned it to him. they never even had coffee on this expedition until now.. how would he know...? as she was pondering this question, the familiar squeak of the bathroom door opening rang through the room. she quickly turned around. "how do you know my coffee ord-" she immediately stopped talking. she was absolutely FLABBERGASTED. trying to keep her eyes above the waist, she gave a silent nod and hastily turned around. dottore made for his travel bag. "i forgot my clothes in my bag... i didn't think you would be awake.." y/n scoffed. "you have awfully poor judgment. i hope you know that." dottore scoffed back at her. "well at least i wasn't the one looking like i was beautiful landscape." her eyes went wide, still turned around she started to lecture him. "WELL IF I WAS IN YOUR SITUATION I WOULDNT BE CARLESS AND WALK OUT WITHOUT CHECKING. YOU JUST WANTED AN EXCUSE TO PERV.." dottore thought deeply about his next response. he realized he wasn't going to lose this chance to embarrass y/n. "oh trust me dear. if i wanted to be perverted, you would know by now.." she silently shook her head, embarrassed out of her mind. "i can't deal with you. i CANNOT. deal with you. you're just so...... ugh." with a sly look on his face, he looked up. "i'm so what? handsome? charming? easy to fall for?" absolutely fuming at this point she yelled back. "YES. YES YOU ARE. THATS WHY I CANT STAND TO BE AROUND YOU." taken aback, dottore quietly said "oh. i was not expecting that answer.."
y/n quietly sat on her bed sipping her coffee waiting for him to say something.
after what felt like hours passed, he finally spoke up. "did you really mean all that..?"
y/n looked puzzled. "are you wearing clothes yet?"
"yes.. why?-" y/n quickly got off her bed, sat her coffee down, walked over to the man, and "lightly punched him in the ribs. at least to him it was light, she wanted to throw a punch so hard it broke his ribs. she knew she could so why didn't she? has she grown soft? she didn't know. she didn't know any of her emotions around him. she was always uncertain. she doesn't even remember why she's here. why am i helping him. why am i here with him. is he flirting with me? or is he like this with every woman he encounters? she didn't know. she kept beating on his chest till her arms grew weak. he sat there looking concerned till she finally stopped and slumped down the wall to the floor. he quickly got down to her level. "is it alright if i take you to your bed so you're comfortable?" he waited for her approval. she gave him a small nod and he gently picked her up bridal style and carried her to the bed. "you have a fever y/n.. i'll get you some water." as he was filling a glass he chuckled to himself. "i think it's cause you're always so mad.. the anger makes you steam at the ears.. hah... kidding..." he said with a tone so bland it left a melancholy aftertaste. y/n slightly smiled and let a small breath through her nose. she felt like shit. she doesn't know how her condition got bad so fast. she felt fine moments earlier..
he finally brought the glass. "may i?" he questioned while trying to prop your head up to drink. you gave a simple nod and drank the water he was tipping in your mouth.

(honestly idk where i'm going with this story 💀💀 sorry)