Chapter 10 Planning or winging it?

Third pov

Her body felt like lead. She'd used more energy for specific tasks than ever before.

She'd never had to focus it much before.

She never had to properly use her powers before. Moving water, making things float, conjuring flames, it was more things she did to let off some steam or make Jake happy.

Now, she's in the home of a man who wants to use her cousin (potentially kill him) and open the world up for whatever is outside of it to come in and wreack havoc, and she has no clue what to do.

It had hit her like a ton of bricks when she realized that getting to Jake and trying to keep him safe while having him in her sights, wasn't possible.

It would mean leading Walter straight to Jake.

And she can't have that.

Her hand moved of its own accord when she heard one of the skins drop a cup. The hot liquid that had been in it was suspended in air as the cup shattered. With a flick of her other hand she turned the liquid to ice and let it land on the floor.

The skins that had been watching had been (rightfully) wary of her, but when she didn't do more than that they went on with what they'd been doing, with the exception of the one that went to clean everything up.

A plan.

She needs a plan.

It's either that, or she'll need to just wing it.

Winging it at this point doesn't sound good. It sounds like a disaster waiting to happen and despite what her mother thinks, Sam is smart enough to understand that.

The nineteen year old rubs her eyes with her palms in frustration.

She was currently sitting on the stairs to Walter's study since the man had gone off who knows where. Not like she can ask his underlings either because no matter how much they avoid making her angry, she highly doubts they'd actually tell her where he is.

With an annoyed sigh she gets up and gets back into the study, eyes set on the books he has.

Maybe they can help her?

Please no complaints that it's short. I'm well aware of that.

There's more than likely not going to be many chapters left of this book if I'm honest.

I'm also set on ending it the same way I wanted to write it when I first started 2019.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)