Prologue Fighting Fury

MAJOR SPOILER ALERT! STAY AWAY IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED EPISODE 20!

✧✧✧

Bang!

The world seemed to freeze then as Hong Cha Young's almond-shaped eyes met Vincenzo Cassano's. Except, the usual fire in her eyes was replaced with a blank look as she tried to make sense of what happened.

Pain. Searing pain seemed to be spreading from the bullet wound as Hong Cha Young struggled to keep herself upright.

In the end, the pain trumped any semblance of bravery and strength that usually defined the woman. She stumbled, feeling her legs give way from the overbearing pain burning through her.

"Ah...Oh!" Vincenzo gasped as he tried his best to break her fall, wrapping his hands around Cha Young as his knees met the floor with a loud thud.

He couldn't remember the last time he felt this lost as his hands blindly moved to check her wound. Vincenzo could hardly register the familiar smell of gunpowder; an acrid and sour mix of sulfur, for the metallic smell of blood mixed with Cha Young's scent of orange blossoms filled his senses.

Except this time, her scent did nothing to comfort him. Not when she was bleeding heavily in his arms.

She took the bullet for him. She got hurt.

It should have been him.

A light sheen of cold sweat was already forming on Cha Young's forehead as she gazed up blankly at Vincenzo. In her weakened state, she was still fighting for him. She wouldn't let him fight this war alone.

Even so, she could feel Vincenzo trembling slightly as he held her, breathing shakily from his worry and fear for her. At this point, his strong, firm arms around her were the only thing keeping her awake.

"No." Jang Han Seo whispered, his eyes wide in disbelief.

"No." He repeated, his voice shaking now as he stared at the scene before him.

Despite the blood running down the side of his face and his throbbing head, he felt as though his heart hurt more. Slowly, the deep-seated fear he had of his brother was replaced by fire.

A fire to right the wrong that his brother had so carelessly inflicted on everyone.

Bit by bit, the tears dripped down onto the ground below him as he let out a shaky sob.

At that moment, Jang Han Seo made his final decision. If anyone has to die tonight, it would be the devil incarnated himself. And to do that, Vincenzo has to make it out of here alive.

On a more personal front, Jang Han Seo wished to protect Vincenzo, his Hyung; the brother he never had.

He promised he would fight and fight he must.

On the other side of the room, Vincenzo Cassano was burning with fury as Jang Han Seok lifted the gun. Even in the face of death, Vincenzo Cassano was making his statement. A statement that merciless justice was bound to be served one day.

Devilish eyes met murderous ones right as Han Seo turned his head to look at his birth brother.

Click!

The moment of death has come. It was time to deliver a soul to death's doorsteps.

Yet, it never happened because right as Han Seok was going to pull the trigger, Han Seo had courageously intercepted the gun, pointing the end right at his chest.

Defiantly, Han Seo glared at Han Seok as they fought for control over the gun.

This time, Han Seo was shaking. But it wasn't because he was afraid, it was because he was furious.