06 : Evanesce

The coast is clear and the sky is tinted with orange hues,but I still feel the remnants of the storm inside of me

but I still feel the remnants of the storm inside of me.

I readjusted my floral stole; as the zephyr of dusk dried the tears marring my cheeks. Again I gazed across the aureate coast, and the tangerine hues painting the horizon afront. While haunting anguish thrummed inside me alike remnants of calamity that befell
a year ago.

When visited my parents to bask in tranquility of this coast; which faded fatefully to Nature's numinous ire, as rose the furious blue: the towering tsunami tides of doom; sweeping ashore with a merciless soar and devouring lives with a deafening roar ... devouring lives of my parents.

My toes curled into the grains of sand as I battled to keep my tears at bay; while the breeze quickened its pace slightly, tugging my long ebony strands towards the prideful domineering cliffs at my left: my destination barely a mile away.

I trudged the ascended slope as sandy grains bled to grassy bristles piercing my feet, seeking to dissuade my intention bittersweet. So long I had survived, simply for my parents' wishes; but I can no more, for lanced with anguish my strength cripples; and wanes my solace in breath and life.

And where else should I breathe my last; other than the very tides which claimed the lives of my parents.

I reached the top; as the ebb and flow of tides alluringly glimmering with abandon, possessed my soul; rising and shattering against the rocky walls of cliffs, impassioned.

Hypnotising and beckoning me, to submerge and evanesce evermore.

With unwavering intent, I relinquished and plunged myself in the engulfing embrace of hibernal waves; as icy claws of death seeped within me, seizing my palpitating heart and stealing my breath; as I exhaled my last ...

Surrendering to dusky anguish;
alike sol receding to vanish;
unperceived, unknown:
another life wanes:
to dark it fades.

Surrendering to dusky anguish;alike sol receding to vanish;unperceived, unknown:another life wanes:to dark it fades

» © Vani_Arora «

» 325 Words «