Diary Entry 2

13 October 1793

William Afton

The news about this new habitable land had gotten to the rich people who had taken ships here. At first, it was hard, the food coming only to the rich people and the bobbies, us convicts as they called us got the leftovers. Henry and I had gotten closer over the past years; each day I spent with the more I got to admire him. The stress and anxiety of the world we live in always became more bearable, with Henry staying by my side. I could never tell him this though, the feelings I have for him are unnatural. I will keep these thoughts between me and myself; no one must know. The rich people had started making factories, not like those in the city, but they were something. I had got a job in growing crops, catering, and caring for the food that would be supplied in the town's shops. The place we were forced to call home was finally coming together. The rough first days becoming blurry as my brain would not allow me to recall the memories. But I could never really forget them, like the scars that littered my body from the lashes we would get just from looking at the bobbies or rich people the wrong way. The bobbies had killed so many of us, the rich people enjoying every moment of it. I hate them, Henry had become an inventor, which use to be his old job. We decided to live together; making a decent amount of money of here they were keeping the other convicts.

After a while, Henry and I were able to become commoners with Henry making a name for himself in the factory he worked at. I started a farming business with my knowledge from the day where I was working on a farm really came in handy. With no time my farm was the best, potatoes were rare, but they were my specialty. With Henry and I living together the feeling's I had for him becoming stronger, what will I do if he finds out?

The English explorer Matthew Flinders was the one who suggested Australia

The rich people from England were the ones who were employing the convicts

The convict once done with their sentence were allowed to have their own house and live with the commoners