51

It was early morning when Xavier awoke to the sound of kicking and thrashing.

He jolted up, immediately awake, and leaned over to check on his mate, turning her over to help her. She lay still though. She was sleeping rather peacefully.

He quietly slipped out of the bed. He found her instinctively grabbing onto his wrist and tugging him closer in her sleep. He was surprised by her strong determined sleep tugging.

He grabbed his pillow and put it in her arms. She seemed satisfied by the replacement, turning her back to him and hugging the pillow with her body.

He slowly approached the other bed. He felt a hint of fear mixed with hope. Either she was having a seizure or she was awake.

He found Lily struggling against the duvet. Fighting and kicking it with her legs.

He rushed towards her, terrified. Her bed was moving about with her movements, the machinery hooked up to her as well.

He put his hands on her arms and held them down.

"Lily calm down. It's just me," he said calmly.

She glanced at him, blinking a few times. Her gaze was sceptical, looking him up and down, as if believing he was an illusion. She stopped fighting when she felt assured it was her cousing.

"Where is she?" The royal guard demanded.

"Maddy is safe—"

"Ivera! Where is Ivera! I need to kill her!" Lily growled shoving her cousin away and throwing her duvet off.

"Dont make a noise, you have no idea how hard it was to get Maddy to go to sleep."

"She can wake up for all I care. I'll take her with to go kill the ugly bat," Lily decided, getting to her feet.

"Lily just wait a bit. Its... 4 in the morning," he said checking the clock.

"Like I care. Maddy wouldn't either—"

"Wait where is Maddy? How is she?" Lily suddenly switched her focus, remembering the state of the girl when she last saw her.

"She is right over there on that bed. Now you go back to sleep. You are still injured."

"Your think sleep is more important that beating up that hag!"

"Well there is lots fo time to do that—"

"Oh no I plan to give her a piece of my mind," Lily said, yanking the drip out her wrist before doing the same with other pipes attacked to her.

"Lily dont do that that has your meds—"

"How long have you been nursing Maddy back to health because you have forgotten I am a lycan. I can take a tablet if the pain gets too much," she scoffed walking towards the other bed in the room.

"Come Maddy, we are going to go beat up Ivera," she said sitting herself down on the bed beside the queen.

"Mhmmm leave me alone Xavie. I want to sleep," Maddy murmured, her eyes closed as she grabbed a pillow and hugged it to her chest, rolling over.

"Lily you can do whatever you want at a more... appropriate time. Look how peaceful Mads is right now, fast asleep. Please let her sleep out has been a nightmare getting her to fall asleep and stay asleep."

"Sleep is great."

"Exactly," he said, relieved.

"But she needs to beat up the bloodsucker just as much as I do. Ivera is a monster!"