Chapter 22

"For what?!" Catra asked stepping back.

"For kidnapping those girls. Your father said you put him up to it." The cop said grabbing her wrists and slipping handcuffs on.

"But I didn't! I didn't even know he did that until an hour ago!" Catra said as the officer dragged her away. Adora felt her heart sink but she pushed through it. She watched Catra and her father leave before looking around for a police officer.

"Excuse me, sir?" Adora asked as the cop turned around.

"Yes?" He asked adjusting his police cap.

"Catra didn't set her father up for this," Adora said but the cop laughed. She was expecting something similar reaction from him so she took out her phone.

"I can prove it," She said unlocking her phone. She said causing the cop to direct his attention back to her. He fully turned around and crossed his arms.

"How?" He asked as Adora handed him her phone. Confused, he took the phone from her. He watched and listened through the video she set up for him in silence. After it finished he stood still for a moment before nodding his head in Adora's direction.

"That was smart, I'll admit. Now, come follow me and we'll pick up your friend." He said walking away. Adora smiled and followed after him before they left.

Catra was bored. She had nothing to do so she just tapped her feet on the floor in the meantime. She was sick to her stomach and she didn't want to go to prison. She was terrified.

"Catra," Catra lifted her head. The cop walked towards her and took her by the arm and gently lifted her.

"Come on," The cop said.

"Am I going to jail?" Catra asked quietly. The cop turned around and smiled before shaking her head. Catra smiled as the female officer took the handcuffs off. The two reached the lobby and Adora immediately hugged Catra.

"Are you ok?" Adora asked as Catra nodded.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. I missed you, thank you!" She replied pulling away. Adora smiled before noticing the cop was watching them from behind.

"You two are cute, congrats on your relationship." She said causing both girls to smile. They said goodbye before leaving the station and taking a walk.

"Thank you, for helping me," Catra muttered rubbing her knuckles.

"No worries, I don't want you in trouble for something you didn't do," Adora said happily. Catra looked down at Adora's hand before back at hers. Adora noticed and slipped her fingers in between Catra's. Catra's cheeks became red as she looked away.

"How do you always know what I want?" Catra asked forcing herself to look at Adora. Adora chuckled.

"You make it so obvious," Adora snickered causing Catra to blush again. She didn't say anything, rather tighten her grip on Adora's fingers.

"Sorry," She muttered moving her hand. Adora frowned and immediately took Catra's hand back. Catra smiled at her reaction and moved closer to her girlfriend.

"I want to go home, I'm tired," Catra mumbled slightly leaning on Adora's shoulder. Adora smiled as the two walked all the way back to Adora's house. Well, mostly Adora since Catra fell asleep about halfway through.

It was dark out when Adora laid Catra on the bed. She went back and closed the door before noticing her siblings in the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" Adora asked as the two turned around.

"I'm putting milk in a cereal bag," Swifty said placing the milk-filled bag down.

"And I'm going to chug it," Mara said as Adora smiled.

"I'm going to record!" Adora said taking her phone out. The three ended up having so much fun that night. They got lucky that Catra can be a heavy sleeper because they were very loud. Adora missed times like this, where it was just her and her family. There is barely any time for them to spend together since they both go to college and she's always working.

When morning came Adora was the first to wake up. Adora glanced over at Catra's phone and smiled at no notifications. The previous night before she went to bed she texted Catra's mom that Catra had fallen asleep and she was staying over. Her mother said it was fine and wished the two a good night's rest.

Adora looked down and stared at Catra's lips. Despite them dating for a few months they still haven't explored more into their relationship. The most they've ever done is cuddling. Adora wanted to try and kiss Catra but she was too scared to ask. She didn't know how serious Catra wanted their relationship to be and she was scared of Catra disapproving of her idea and possibly leaving her for it.

Of course, Adora's imagination had always been extreme and wild ever since she was a little kid. Sometimes her imagination would get so crazy and out of hand, she would start to get scared of herself.

Adora shook that feeling away. As time passed she gained control of her wildest dreams and turned them into calming fantasies. Adora turned her head to Catra and eyed her lips again.

"Stop, what is wrong with you. She wouldn't want that... right? I mean, she's asleep now... so I guess I could try it." Adora whispered patting her legs nervously. She turned around and moved some of Catra's hair out of her face before sighing. I'll ask if she knows what a kiss is. Maybe I could get her to try.

"I want that next step," Adora said before Catra flipped over and grabbed Adora's hand. She smiled and made this barely audible sound causing Adora to blush. She's so cute I just can't. My heart is going to explode. I literally got so lucky. That moment felt like a snap to the fingers because Catra woke up about a minute later.

"Hey Adora," She muttered rubbing her eyes. Adora turned around and smirked.

"Hey Catra~" She teased as Catra blushed. Good lord I could listen to her say that all day. Catra thought looking down at her hands as the blush on her face darkened.

"Hey... Adora?" Catra asked quietly. Adora moved further back and scooched next to Catra on the bed.

"Yeah?" She asked as Catra leaned her head on Adora's shoulder. She stayed quiet for a moment before looking up.

"I have been meaning to ask you... can we... um, do more in our relationship?"