000

that's just the way it is, things will never be the same

"That's why I fucked your bitch you fat motherfu-"

"Hey!" Rosita whined as her husband turned the volume of the car radio down to zero. Jack just grinned, glancing at her from the corner of his eye.

"I can't do this anymore, Rosie. We had a good run, but I can't be someone with such bad taste in music" Rosita laughed and smacked his arm as Jack tried to keep his eyes on the road. "You excited to visit your old stomping grounds? Reconnect with people?" He asked her, placing his hand on her thigh as he drove them towards their new home.

Rosita shifted in her seat, clearing her throat before speaking. "I mean the suburbs are hardly my old stomping grounds, I don't think I ever hung around these neighbourhoods. And let's face it, I left here the day I turned 18, God knows what happened to my old friends"

"What do you mean?" Jack frowned, throwing a confused glance her way. It wasn't that Rosita hadn't been honest about her past with her husband, she just failed to tell him everything. He knew she came from a bad neighbourhood, that living below the poverty line was something she was familiar with growing up, he just didn't know everything.

"Nothing, I just doubt they'd remember me, is all" She shrugged, it seemed to satisfy Jack, who just nodded, turning the radio back up as the drove through the leafy suburb that was now home.

»»---------------------►

It didn't take long for the married couple to settle into a routine. Jack would go to work at the hospital and Rosita would run errands and have dinner ready for him when he came home. It was the same routine everyone in the suburbs had. But that didn't stop Rosita becoming restless. 

It was a Saturday, exactly one week since they had moved to Michigan. Jack and Rosita were sat at the dining room table, eating the omelettes she had prepared. Jack looked at her, a knowing smirk on his face. She raised an eyebrow at him as she drank her orange juice.

"What?" She grinned, placing her glass onto the table

"How bored are you?" He asked, taking a bite of his breakfast. Rosita's grin widened, in New York she had a job in a salon on the Upper East Side, it didn't pay a great deal, but it granted her some independence. She and Jack ate out most nights and on the nights they didn't they ordered in, she wasn't used to the housewife duties that had been sprung on her in the week they'd lived in Suburbia, and she would belying if she said it hadn't bored the hell out of her.

"Is this a trick question?" she retorted and Jack let out a laugh.

"I know my wife and I know she would never be happy living like Betty Crocker" He stood up and walked across to lean over Rosita's chair. "That's why I have a surprise for her" He whispered, his face an inch from hers.

»»---------------------►

"I love it" Rosita squealed, throwing her arms around her husband. He laughed, wrapping his arms around her waist and spinning her around.

"It's all yours, baby" He smiled, placing her back on the ground of the newly purchased salon.

"How did you have time to do this?" Rosita asked, moving to run her fingers along the the floor to ceiling mirror of the salon. The whole place was beautifully decorated, neutral toned wallpaper, black leather chairs, a flower display wall at the far end of the room. It was exactly the design she had talked about when she mentioned her dream of owning her own beauty salon one day.

"It didn't take much, I bought the place at a great price and paid a guy to decorate it exactly the way you described" Jack smiled, wrapping his arms around his wife from behind, nuzzling his face into her neck"

"Jack" She breathed, turning around to face him "This is too much...I-"

"It's yours. You always wanted this. Your dream is not too much" 

"Thank you. So much" Rosita said, her lips meeting his "I don't know how I got so lucky"

"I think that's my line" He winked, kissing her again "This our new life. It's gonna be a good one"

Rosita smiled, after all the years she had spent struggling, fighting for the tiniest bit of happiness, the universe had rewarded her. Nothing would ever mess this up. She wouldn't let it.

A/N: First chapter is up, this is just an introduction and the following chapters will be longer. All feedback is appreciated and our boy will be making an appearance soon xo