𝗔𝗟𝗢𝗡𝗘| [Prologue]

As a child growing up in the 1500 and in Scotland at that, it was most uncomfortable being relied on constantly and worshiped at the young age of 5

As a child growing up in the 1500 and in Scotland at that, it was most uncomfortable being relied on constantly and worshiped at the young age of 5. I hated everyone who saw me as a ticket to their freedom.

But I had friends. Real friends. Lola, Kenna, Greer, and Aylee. They were my best friends through thick and thin. The people who loved me the most.

"Mary." My mother called my name making me jerk my head back from my window. "Yes mother?" My voice replied my Scottish accent rolling off my tongue.

"Why are you just staring out of the window dear?" She asked walking up to the window and bending down to my level caressing my face.

"Nothing mother. It's just that...I feel so alone in the castle alone." I sighed. She exhaled and took my hands in hers.

"I've told you this before Mary. You aren't alone. You have me." I took my hands out of hers. "But mother why can't I have any real friends?!" My voice raised slightly at her.

"Because you are a queen Mary!" She yelled at me making me flinch. "When you are queen you don't have friends Mary!"

Tears started pouring down my ice silk like skin. "If that's so...I don't want to be a queen." She shook her head.

"If that's how you feel, then I'll show you what it's like to be worthless and equal to a peasant." She stormed out of my room. I heard the door click.

I rushed over to my door and tried to pull at the knob. But it wouldn't open. "Wait mother! Please open the door!" I yelled banging on the door.

I slid down the door with tears in my eyes, my knees came up to my face as I folded up into a ball regretting yelling at my mother.

Later; perimitly 7 hours later

As I sat on my bedroom floor I heard a creek in my room door. Looking over I saw my mother with guards behind her.

"Come Mary." Her voice seemed calm but angry. Not wanting to make her anymore angrier I followed her looking at the guards skeptically.

I followed my mother until we got all the way outside. "Mother?" My voice crack came out scared.

"Guards." She didn't even look back at me the guards came up to me and lifted me up and threw me into a carriage that had been poorly taken care of.

"Mother, what are you doing? Mother? Where am I going?" I asked her looking out of the carriage. "You will learn that being queen is your destiny."