11: November

Lisa led Irene out of the club, weaving their way through the crowded dancefloor and collecting their coats before heading out into the relatively fresh air of the street outside. There were a few people outside, but not enough to cause her any concern about not catching a cab.

She shivered as the cold air whistled down the street and onto the overheated skin of her face. Irene's clothes were a lot thinner than hers, and she looked over to watch as Irene shrugged herself into her long black coat, moving her hair to one side before pulling the hood up. The coat was as dramatic as the rest of Irene's clothes; tapered at the waist and with deep purple satin lining, it was halfway between a cape and what Lisa could only describe as what she imagined a forest witch might wear in winter. It fit Irene like a glove, accentuating her figure beautifully.

"Should we tell Chaeyoung and Jisoo that we're leaving, darling?" Irene asked, buttoning up her coat before shuffling towards her, looping her arm through Lisa's, and pressing a kiss to Lisa's cheek.

"Good point, I'll send them a text," she replied, not surprised to see her breath in clouds in front of her face. It was a really cold night. She fished her cell out of her pocket and started to compose a message. "Hey," she murmured, leaning in and pressing her spare hand to Irene's cheek, causing her to close her eyes. Lisa's heart warmed at how such a simple gesture could mean so much to both of them. "Where... where should I say we're going? Are we-"

"To my home," Irene said quietly, opening her eyes to look at Lisa. "My home, not my apartment. It's closer, and it's, well, more homely. And I think I'd like to wake up there with you."

Lisa smiled, and heedless of the people around them, pulled Irene's face gently towards her so that she could kiss her. "Okay," she murmured against Irene's lips. She finished the text to Chaeyoung, letting them know where they were going, and they moved up the street a little from everyone else so that they could hail a cab a little easier.

They stood together on the street, and Lisa wrapped her arms around Irene's waist, Irene's hands between them, resting on Lisa's upper chest. She felt Irene shivering even through her clothes, and she rubbed her hands up and down Irene's back while they waited.

As chilly as it was outside, Lisa still felt boiling hot inside. It was taking everything she had to keep her hands to herself, considering they were in public. "How far away from here is your house?" she asked Irene.

"It's maybe a ten minute drive if the traffic is good," Irene replied, before stepping out of Lisa's arms and sticking her fingers in her mouth, whistling shrilly and waving her other arm as a cab came down the street towards them.

Lisa stared at Irene. It was even louder now than it had been in the circus. "I never could do that," she said, miming the whistling.

"S'easy," Irene said, opening the cab door for Lisa to climb into when it stopped to the side of them. She clambered across the seats and buckled herself in while Irene climbed in gracefully and gave her address to the cab driver. He showed no sign of recognizing Irene at all, which didn't surprise Lisa, considering how Irene was dressed. Once she was settled in her seat, Irene pushed her coat hood down, and then pulled the mesh hood off as well. Her dark hair fell around her shoulders, and she brushed it out of her face, before looking over at Lisa and sending her a smile so bright that it made Lisa's heart speed up in her chest.

She slid her hand across the seat to Irene, who held her hand in both of hers. There was no privacy in the cab at all, so neither of them scooted over to sit next to each other. They didn't talk much at first on the drive over to Irene's place, but Irene occupied herself by running her fingertips across Lisa's palm and gently touching as much of Lisa's wrist as she could. Lisa's wrists were sensitive, and after a few minutes, it felt like her skin was on fire, and she was squirming in her seat.