🌱| Life Sucks!

Shenelle POV

"His mercies are new every morning, great is his faithfulness", Lamentations 3:22
I don't know why but I can't stop reciting this memory verse from Sunday school!

"Is it just me, or am I feeling this particular day than another day?," I ask Teeya as I empty the final basin of water into the gigantic pot which was now full to the brim.

"I am even more shocked at your excitement my dear" Teeya retorts back.

We have concluded all our work for the day.
Teeya and I will go to the market square to buy shea butter, My Nivea body lotion is finished and I need to make a switch. I decide to go the local way, you know to shake things up a little bit.

The sun is making it's way to the middle of the sky, and the temperatures are gradually going up. This doesn't bother me because, I'm used to the climate over here.

On our way to the market, we bump into Teeya's old class mates heavily indulged in the game of "Ampe".

I have seen may girls Ampe before but hey this one is just on a different level. The girls are playing with very high energies, youthful northern exhubrance at its peak! They are clapping and jumping as high as their feet can carry them. Also, they are unanimously sweating profusely and they are singing rhythmically to this tune,

"Yi zoromi bee ka yi shini o ka o chana,
( Do you fear her( the one winning) and you've left her and she's going)"
This indeed is the Northern Version of Ampe!

I can see it in Teeya's eyes that she wants to join so I push her in and we both join them to play, in no time I am also singing the song, the song I've never heard and I know nothing about, it goes like this

Yi zoromi bee....* clap, clap*.......
Ka yi shini o......*bend down low and jump as high as possible*.....
Ka o chana...* Kick the foot of your choice*

The feeling was so ecstatic. And I am now drenched in sweat, bubbling with joy.
Their energy was so infectious.
We became so tired and we begged to leave the game. Teeya herself was so shocked as to how I was singing and playing the Ampe.
The market square was a few metres away and in no time we had picked the shea butter of our choice, and we were now lazily walking home.

I couldn't hide my outmost shock at how outrageously cheap the shea butter was. We had a very big container for a song. I wondered why shea butter with all it's high nutritional value could be so cheap.We ladies rush in to buy very expensive skin care products, all in the name of looking good, for all we know all the nutrition of shea butter is higher than those products. It's a win win situation to spend less, but still glow beautifully. Think about it!

Just when I thought my day was going on well, fate decided to bring Timtooni to us to spoil it. Yes! We bump into him and he is coming to us for a conversation.

God Almighty knows how hard I've been avoiding. I don't want to meet with him or talk to him, If not these jealous village females will not let me rest ....Gosh he is getting closer. Focus girl focus!

He comes closer and as usual draws us into a conversation. It hurts me how he acts as if everything is okay, when it's not. Teeya notices my discomfort, but there is very little she could do, it's either I step up for myself and be free or I just suffer like a prisoner. I don't think I can hold it any longer...

Timtooni I don't want you to be friends with you anymore. There are many girls who would die to be your friend, I guess I'm not a fit", I find myself saying. Although I my heart is in deep contrast and I do want to be his friend.

He has a surprised look on his face. I'm sure he was never expecting it. Just as he was about to say something, maybe in reply to my order, I chip in with this