The past as told by the present

I sigh as I rest on the mountiantops.How long had it been? Without my friends? My loved ones? My name? I look at the book I always kept with me. I open to see dozens and dozens of scratch marks. One for every year. A hundred years ago, Princess Zelda and The champions were defeated by Calamity Ganon as the locals started calling it. A hundred years of not knowing- I leap up as a arrow shoots next to me.

I'm quick to pull out a dagger as the person steps forward. A bit more scarred then I remember but it's him. He lowers his bow.

Ah shit you okay? He signs. Please don't tell Impa I shot at you! I assumed you were a-

"A yiga?"I finish. I see him nod quickly. I scoff, "You are not the first Li-Champion"I correct myself. I see him blink. 

"I am Sheik, A exiled member of the sheikah. I merely stopped by to see how my past home is. I will be taking my leave now." I go to throw a deku nut to temporarily blind him but he grabs my hand. He starts to walk down the mountain.

"Hey! What're you doing?! I'm forbidden to go to Kakariko!"I yell as I yank my hand away throwing the nut and vanishing while he's blinded. I frown before hearing a voice.

Ryan

"That's not my name."
Yes it is,it was taken from you-
"And can only be given back by the one who took it.Forgive me, princess but you are certainly not your father."
I am aware. However, punishing yourself like this has gone on for long enough. I'm sure Littl and Omen would agree.

I huff as she mentions the two pets I raised.

Now are you going to listen or not?

"Very well Princess."

Good, Now go inside Kakariko Village. Impa and Link are waiting for you.

I scowl as I turn back and sneak into the village.

It doesn't take long to find Impa's house.Honestly, why is the house in the most obvious spot? I shake my head as I remember the reason. The chief's house is always closer to the sky as a protector of Hylia. I walk in.

"-never banned him myself." I hear the tail end of the conversation and walk up. Impa looks over.

"I see you decided to come back."She says as Link looks over.

"The princess requested it."I say stiffly.

"I see,I assume she wants you to go with Link on his journey."I blink, glad for my mask as a blush comes to my face.Link blinks before pointing at me.

"Yes, you two were quite close before the incident."
"You mean my exile?"I scowl.

"You know noone here supported it-"
"But you didn't stand for me. Only Urbosa,Zelda and Link did."I snarl."A time you could've come to my aid but did not, dear sister."I spit out the last word before turning on my heel and walking out. I'm halfway back up the mountain before I hear feet running towards me.

"Go away,Link!" I call over my shoulder.

The blonde is quick to appear at my side and shake his head no. I huff.

"Let me guess, Impa told you the story."
She said it was yours to tell. I don't have memories-

"because the shrine took them. If I had had time to work on it perhaps that could've been avoided. If it wasn't for that damn king."I punch a tree hissing softly as I feel a few small bones break. Link Is quick to grab my hand and inspect it.

"It's fine now lets go.You have four divine beasts and memories to recover before we can rescue Zelda."

He blinks nodding as we start to walk.