Chapter 11. The Astronomy Tower!

Your POV

It was the night I told Harry not to go looking for the mirror, but I bet all my money (which is a lot considering the Black family gold belongs to me, and cousin Orion) that he was going to go back.

I could honestly care less. I don't care if he gets caught, I warned him. I don't care if he gets a month of detention, I warned him. Hell, I don't care if he get expelled! I BLOODY WARNED HIM!

I was laying in my four-poster bed, thinking. It was very quiet, I was the only first-year girl who stayed, and I liked it.

My mind was full of what I would see in that mirror.

Ron and Harry saw two different things. Would that mean I'd see something else? And what?

My family? Something that would make people proud of me?

I breathed in and exhaled to calm me down. I sighed.

I knew the way out of my head, but I was scared of getting caught.

Oh well, who the hell cares?

I rolled off my bed and put on my Weasley jumper. How I loved it so!

I snuck out of my dorm, which wasn't hard, and to the common room.

It was empty. Huh, it was like fate wanted me to go to the Astronomy Tower tonight.

When I was young and stressed, scared, or had been freshly beaten, I would climb onto our roof and looked at the stars. It was always so peaceful and the sky was like home.

It was a Black family tradition to name their kids after stars or constellations.

This was another tradition that Dad broke.

Mum had wanted to name me Cassiopeia, but he persuaded her to name me Y/N.

Cassiopeia.

The name I want to give one of my daughters. I, at least wanted to have one name keep up the Black naming ritual. Ha! Ritual.

Yes. We dance under the stars crying out to the star, or constellation, we name them after to bless the newborn baby.

Anyway ... the first star I always looked for was, Sirius. My dad. The dog star. Brightest star in the sky. Part of Canis Major.

I sighed again.

'Why'd you leave me Daddy?'

I walked out through the portrait hole.

"Where do you think you're going?" The Fat Lady demanded.

"For a stroll," I replied coldly. "Would you mind keeping it down? I'd rather not get caught."

"Like father, like daughter," the Fat Lady murmured.

A bit of pride shot up through me. It made me feel less nervous.

My father and I have a lot of common. Let me list off a few.

1. We are both Gryffindors. And hated for out families for it. Like it was our choice.

2. We are certainly not wanted by our families. I was wanted by Mum, but never Grandmother and Grandfather. Dad was always disliked by his parents.

3. To our families we are considered 'blood traitors.'

4. We are both unregistered Animagi. Unlike Dad, I was born with it.

In the Black family, if a parent is an Animagi you're bound to be one.