10. 23 Kilometers/hour

It was exactly 5am where I have no idea what I was doing.

"Tamashi-kun! Pick up the pace!" Ayase-san senpai shouted ahead then turned her head back while running. 

I was incredibly out of breath running on the shoreline while my feet was getting pierced on the rough sands of the beach.

"What a morning nyaaa!" Hoshizora-san felt the morning rush coursing through her body as she dashes ahead of Ayase-san senpai.

Here I was.. a few feet behind everyone else while Kousaka-san was running along without a problem. I wish I could've sleep more. My sleeping pattern was all winded up.

"So.. tired.." I panthed while collapsing on the sand.

"Geez Tamashi, I thought all boys are athlethic." Yazawa-san senpai said with her arms on her hips.

"Instead of making statements of being athletic, why don't you ask me what I was doing in the past days?" I complained still straddled in the sand.

"Very well. WHAT have YOU been doing in the PAST. FEW. DAYS?" Yazawa-san senpai said sarcastically raised her tone.

I finally lifted my head up and said "Don't ask." All I ever did was play video-games and mix some other things at home.

"Tch.. Hmph!" Yazawa-san senpai seemed to be pissed.

My head became heavy and slumped back on the sand catching my breath.

"Wow! Kayo-chin runs better now nyaaa~!" Hoshizora-san said praising Koizumi-san.

"I-I did? Ahehee, it's all thanks for our practice recently. We run almost everyday." Koizumi-san humbly replied. She looked at me wasted on the sand and said "Tamashi-kun? Are you okay?"

"How come I'm also doing this?" I huffed still catching the breath I lost. "It's not like I'm also part of the performance."

"Well, if you put it that way, but.. you're part of the club." Ayase-san senpai worriedly said "still again, this counts as a club activity so no special treatments."

Then Sonoda-san popped a lightbulb on her head and ran to Ayase-san senpai.

The two bent over whispering to each other. At first, Ayase-san senpai was hesitant but still Sonoda-san insisted. Suddenly both of them looked at me then to Tojo-san senpai and Yazawa-san senpai.

Everyone huddle up!

So I sat up on the beach and tried to stand up. "Not you Tamashi-kun." What were they talking about? I have no idea.

"WHAT?! NO! No fair!" Yazawa-san senpai.

"N-Nico-chi is right. That's not-"

"Sssshhh!!" the other girls hissed and continued.

And after all that, they ended with a

"..take it as a punishment."

"F-fine.." Yazawa-san senpai was more pissed than ever.

"Okay. Tamashi-kun, we would like give you an important role in today's training."

"What role?" I asked.

After a few minutes of discussion.

"Oi oi oi! Why am I having a piggy back ride with senpai?!" I found myself being carried by Tojo-san senpai and panicking in front of everyone while Tojo-san senpai was just being herself carrying me like a sack of potatoes.

"St-stop moving! We might fall!" she said.

"In today's punishment." Sonoda-san read the clipboard "Piggy back Sprint!" The other girls was just sitting on the side watching us getting embarassed while Yazawa-san senpai was shaking in fear.