CHAPTER 6

After that long day , Allison and I dropped Lydia off at her home .

Allison pulled up to Lydia's home and parked the car . We sat in silence trying to recover from the shocking news about we just figured out while Lydia has no clue what's going on.

Allison turns to Lydia and let's out a sigh , "I need you to promise you won't say anything about what just happened ."

"I'll promise not to say anything about what just happened if you can tell me what the hell just happened." Lydia let's out a frustrated sigh.

"It's kinda complicated."

"Well - why don't you guys start with why Derek was there ?Or where Jackson went , or what is wrong with Erica?" Lydia pleads her statement .

"Oh , do you need a minute  to come up with a plausible lie ?" Lydia continues in agony.

"Part of the reason why I'm asking is because Scott and I aren't supposed to be seeing each other , okay ?" Allison tries to defend herself .

Lydia rolls her eyes and scoffs , Turning her head to me , "Stella , what's your important reason In not telling your best friend what's going on ?" Lydia looks at me wide - eyed .

"Lydia , I don't have an excuse . Just know it's to protect you."

"Fine." Lydia gives up. "I'll keep what I know about you and your boyfriend Allison , which is nothing , to
Myself."

Lydia opens the car door about to get out  when Allison stops her , "Hey. You know Scott just isn't my boyfriend , right?"

"Let me go ." Lydia demands.

"Allison , just let her go . There's nothing we can do ."

Allison doesn't listen but instead continues her speech , "For one second just try and remember-

Lydia cuts her off and raises her voice , "try end remember what ?!"

"what it feels like ."Allison said.

Now Allison makes a speech on love , "All those times in school when you see him standing down the hall , and you cannot breathe until you're with him. Or those times in class when you can't stop looking at the clock because you know he's standing right out there waiting for you . Don't you remember what that's like ?"

Lydia stares blankly , "No."

"What do you mean "no?" You've have boyfriends." Allison doesn't understand.

Lydia stares blankly once more and a lump forms in her throat , "none like that." Lydia exits the car and walks inside her home .

Allison huffs and rests her head on the steering wheel .

"We need to tell Lydia about everything, I hate keeping things from her ." I break the silence.

"Don't you think I know that ? I don't know how to tell her , she thinks she wants to know but when she finds out she'll wish she never knew the things we know ." Allison retorts .

"Look I understand your on edge but that doesn't give you the right to lash out of me."

"Sorry stella , it's just I'm going through so much right now ." Allison apologizes .