Finn- Post Breakup (Kinda)

Warning: Sad :(

Your P.O.V

It's been months since I saw Finn. I was convinced that I have already moved on from that 'almost' relationship. Though I thought I didn't have a proper closure, I stayed in good terms with Finn and was totally okay with everything now.

It wasn't because either of us were scared of committing, it was because he looked so confused. He seemed happy whenever he was with me, but he thinks of another. I didn't want to believe, until I saw it myself. I kept lying to myself, convincing my mind to think that Finn couldn't do such a thing.

But whatever I did, I clearly saw in his eyes and his actions that he only liked me. But he loved someone else.

I was the first one to break things off. She ticked every box in his list of qualities in terms of finding a partner. Ever since, I always felt unworthy of Finn's love-- that I was inadequate. I would never measure up to her. I knew that. I didn't want it to hurt more that it already did if you waited it out a little longer.

We had our sweet little secret moments; all pure and wholesome-- none of which were ever made known to the public as Finn always wanted to keep me out of the prying eyes of the media. He respected me and made me feel that I was loved.

Whatever it was that we had felt like it came straight out of a rom-com you would occasionally read that terribly turned into a horror-mystery. It sucked big-time that it ended badly. What's worse was he ghosted me and moved on so fast.

I did so poorly at my job. I failed to pay my bills and lost my apartment. I became a couch surfer. I had no permanent address. My heart was crushed and my head always seemed to wander off to where he was. While I fell apart agonizingly so slow, he was living his life in the fast track. He was happy. That just broke me even more. Am I so replaceable?

I packed my bags and headed to the airport to board on my flight to New York for a vacation. I wanted some fresh air. Things had been so hard for me lately.

The universe just decided for me to be her new favorite plaything and toy with my life. I got a new acting job and my role is a fucking third wheel. The leading man had to give up the role for personal reasons so they got Finn to take the job.

And guess who's the leading lady? Yes. You got that right. The girl he chose over me. What a fucking sick joke. I needed the money so much, I couldn't say no. I already flew all the way here. I had to act professionally and place all personal businesses aside. 

"Hey." Finn nervously approached me.

"Sup." I casually responded.

"Oh, you know each other?" One of the directors approached.

"Yeah." Finn rubbed his nape and started shaking, obviously getting a little anxious.

"We we were close friends back in high school." Real close friends. If you only knew.