Chapter Sixteen

Elles outfit

Elles outfit

Elle
Okay. You're gonna be fine it's just a date. Relax.

I took relaxing breaths as I tried to calm myself before me and Billie's date. I had never been on one before and to say the least I was kinda freaking out.

My mom didn't know I was even going on a date which made me even more nervous, overthinking about all the things that could go wrong or how she would find out.

As if Billie read my mind she texted me, just making sure me and everything else was alright.

She sent a smily face before telling me she was on the way. I blew out a breath as I grabbed my phone and keys and headed downstairs. Luckily my mom didn't ask too many questions as I left and headed off to my stop.

I did a few breathing exercises to try and calm myself a little bit. Though it didn't help much as I kept fidgeting and picking.

I saw her car pull up and a smile was put on my face. When she got out it was like she was in freaking slow motion. How does she always manage to look so flawless all the time.

"You look really beautiful, Elle." She spoke softly.

"Thank you. You look really nice too."

"Thanks. Are you ready?"

I nodded my head as she walked me over and opened my door for me. I felt a small blush creep onto my face as she practically stared at me the whole ride.

I got flustered as I started picking at my fingers and my lips.

"Hey, relax it's only me."

"No I know it's just...Billie you're the first person to take me on a date. I don't know what to do."

"Just be yourself, that's all I want. Don't try to impress me or anything just be completely and authentically-wait is that a word?"
She asked, something I noticed she did a lot.

"Yes, Bil it's a word."

"-Okay yeah just be completely and authentically you."

"Alright if you say so."

We talked about a bunch of random stuff on the drive. Giving each other the occasional compliment.

Once we arrived at our little area she told me to close my eyes and while I was confused I did so anyway. I felt her take my hand into her gentle ones as she led me to our picnic area.

When we got there she told me I could open my eyes, my jaw slightly dropped as a small gasp left my lips and a small smile followed not long after.

It was a little blanket with some assorted fruits and various boxes of crackers. Nothing too big which I was grateful for. She put so much thought into this, and all for me.