Baby Shower

I told Faith when it comes to my baby shower I only had one rule, it can't be a surprise. She can have it anywhere she wants, invite whoever she wants, plan it any way she wants, but I had to know when. I don't want to be one of those pregnant women who walk into a room and get all surprised and there's that oh my god face they get. I don't know why I hate it so much, I just do. Part of me is afraid I'd just bawl right there in front of everyone. I still don't have a great handle on my emotions. It will probably happen regardless.

I know Faith has been working hard on planning it and is looking forward to all of us getting together and celebrating Oopsie. Even my cousins are coming up from south Texas and I can't wait to see them, especially since I didn't get to see them for Christmas. I have a feeling I'll be seeing them more often once the baby's born. It's crazy to think everyone in my life is going to be coming together for me and our little Oopsie girl.

I picked out this beautiful dress for the shower. It's white with big pink flowers. It's nice and flowy but you can still see the bump. It's not much but I feel sexy in it. I almost went with something tighter. I thought I wanted to show off the bump as much as I could, but I am so happy I went with this one. It's fitting that there are big roses on it since Tyler and I have decided that her middle name is Rose, after my great grandmother who I was really close with.

"Is this what it's like watching me get ready for a game?" Tyler's been laying back on the bed watching me get dressed.

"I guess so, yeah."

"I can see why you love it so much." He sits up and reaches out for me. "My sexy girlfriend."

I walk over to him, stand in between his legs and run my fingers through his hair. "My sexy boyfriend." I lean down to kiss him, only meaning for it to be a quick kiss but it gets more passionate and heated than I expected. He's making it incredibly hard to leave him. "I have to go soon."

He pouts. "I can't believe I can't go. It's my baby too."

"I asked if you wanted one with men and women and you said no. Actually, what you said isn't that a chick thing? Remember?"

A smile slowly creeps across his face. "I remember."

My smile mirrors his. "So stop being a shit." I kiss his nose and rub my nose along his. "I really have to finish getting ready." He lets me go and I continue getting ready. I just have to do something with my hair and put a bit of makeup on.

"If there's big presents text me so I can go there and load them into the car. I don't want you trying to lift."

"There shouldn't be. I told everyone I know that we have all of the furniture already and to keep it small."

"I'm just saying, just in case, don't be stubborn."

"I don't know how. Sorry."

He laughs, which makes me smile. "Have a great time. The guys will probably still be here when you get back." Tyler decided to have all of the husbands, boyfriends, and some of his friends over during the shower.

"Save some barbecue for me."

"I'll think about it." I glare at him and he smiles before popping me on the butt. "C'mon, I'll walk you to the car."

My walk is more like a waddle these days. I keep having to remind myself to keep good posture. Tyler has been extra attentive, which I appreciate, but it's hard to accept his help sometimes. He has to keep reminding me that not only is it ok that I take it easy, that I should be taking it easy. When he's on the road he checks in on me twice as much as he usually does and I know he tells my dad to stop by, not that my dad wouldn't on his own. Between the two of them I am well taken care of.