I Wanna Be Yours

We made our journey back to the island early the following morning, and it was fairly uneventful. As usual, the temperature seemed to drop incredibly low the second we passed through the mist surrounding the island and I still had no idea what it was or why it happened.

We set down relatively close to where we had left several days ago, and Toothless was eager to start looking for our new friend the moment we hopped off of him. Hiccup pulled out his map, pointing out the direction to where we'd left the Night Fury and we set foot immediately.

Toothless hurried his way through to the opening, crooning a hello which was met with a similar noise. I followed Hiccup into the area, eyes landing upon the dragon curled up near the base of a tree. She didn't snarl or anything this time, only stared intently at Hiccup and I as we entered.

"Okay, go on," Hiccup said, turning to me with an expectant expression. I paused, furrowing my eyebrows before glancing at the Night Fury watching us.

"Uh, what?" I said slowly.

"You wanted a Night Fury, there's your Night Fury. Go train her," Hiccup insisted, gesturing his hand towards the aforementioned dragon. I inhaled a bit, holding Hiccup's eyes for a moment.

"You're really gonna let me have her?" I asked quietly. He looked a bit confused before giving me a shrug.

"I can't have two dragons, and after all, you did find her. Go," he repeated in a gentle voice. I bit my lip, crossing my arms as I eyed Hiccup. He was staring at me, eyebrows raised ever so slightly in a way that told he was waiting for me to go and attempt to train the Night Fury. I glanced toward the two dragons, where Toothless was now tilting his head at the other before making a noise in his throat that sounded much like a question. I watched them interact for a couple seconds before turning my attention back to Hiccup with an elongated sigh.

"Okay, but problem is, I have no idea how to do that so why don't you start us off?" I asked, eyes hopeful. He ran his fingers through his hair for a moment, holding his hand at the base of his neck before exhaling lightly.

"I guess I could.. Hold on." He started over towards Toothless, distracting the pair as he detached a bag from Toothless' complicated saddle. He walked back over to me, holding it out and I realized it was a basket of some sort. I observed his offering before taking it gingerly, my eyes meeting his green ones before I raised an eyebrow in question.

"You and Toothless can go try and find some fish for her, it's like a peace offering. Dragons just appreciate free food," he added with a shrug of his shoulder and I laughed, nodding.

"Come on, Toothless," I called out to the dragon. He turned his head towards my voice before tilting his head, walking over to me regardless of his confusion.

"Don't get blasted or anything," I said to Hiccup as Toothless reached us.

"Why would that even happen?" he asked with a slight laugh.

"I don't know, you're annoying sometimes," I teased. He snorted lightly, crossing his arms and raising an eyebrow.

"Well, if I'm so annoying, why are you always with me then, huh? Do you not have anything better to do but hang out with your 'annoying' boyfriend?" he countered, a smirk ghosting on his lips. I bit back a laugh, nodding.

"That is exactly my problem. Except now I do have something to do, so goodbye," I said with an exaggerated wave, petting Toothless for a moment as a way to let him know we were going. He huffed before trailing after me, and we started off into the trees.
---
It was mindless wandering until we were able to find a beach, and Toothless rushed out into the water to begin trying to catch the fish. It was amusing, watching him stand guard and eye the water with such focus before diving his head under. The first few times he came up with nothing in his jaw and an annoyed expression on his face pulled a laugh out of me, so I strolled over to see if I could assist in any way. The basket left a trail of indentation in the sand as I made my way to Toothless, and I propped it up just before the area that held the breaking waves. He managed to catch one, and waltzed over to place it in the basket, repeating this process for the next several before he gave up and just ended up tossing them into the basket from where he was sitting in the water. Naturally, he missed the opening quite a few times and so I ended up chasing flying fish and putting them in the basket before he would catch another.