77

Week had gone by like this. They tried to be polite in front of their kids, but as soon as the show was over, she pushed him away. Jamie was still struggling with her nightmares and she was still pissed at Eric. Eric was busy with organizing the mission Harold was put in. He knew he wasn't allowed to go along for personal reasons, so he spent his days in his office, making plans with other leaders and keeping an eye on things from the Intelligence.

One night he jolted up from his dream, hearing Jamie having another nightmare. There was something in that truth serum that had summoned these awful scenarios in her dreams. He rubbed his eyes for a moment, breathing in his palms, then reached to take his watch from the table.

"4.20.." he mumbled and sat up. He took his things from the table and walked to the bedroom. He stood behind her door, listening her whine, then opened the door, looking around. She had left the bedside lamp on. Like it would help her fight her demons..., he scoffed and walked to the bed. After a momentary hesitation he crawled besides her and whispered "Come here baby." He kissed her forehead and laid besides her. He needed to be there. He dozed off hearing her breathing settle.

Morning.

Slap on his face. "Owwwhat a fuck!" he yelled out.

"What the..?" she asked in confusion. As soon as she realized the reality and saw him, she said with annoyance "It's you."

"Yeah, who else?" he asked furrowing his brows and rubbing his cheek.

"What are you doing here?" she asked panting, looking around, covering herself with a blanket.

"You had nightmares so I..." he explained. She nodded uncomfortable, wrapping the blanket around her more tightly.

He sat up and looked at her with complete puppy eyes "How are you?"

"Been better." she said sad and added "You should leave, I don't have the energy to argue."

"Who says we need to." Eric asked and purred "Come on baby, I hate that."

"Just, looking at you, makes me mad and it kills me..." she broke down, covering her eyes with her hands. He felt so desperate, not being able to help her or make her want to accept any help.

"You should see doctor Lever again." he said defeated, stood up and was ready to go back to the sofa when suddenly they heard the kids wake up and someone already coming towards their bedroom.

"Too late now.." he said and waited her to react to it. She looked towards the door and then him and sighed. She laid down and made room for him.

Thank you, kids, he thought glad and hurried next to her, putting his hands close to her "Is this okay?" waiting for permission.

"Yeah, that's fine." she said serious, despite seeing him smirk. She hesitated to put her arms around him, but did it anyway. He loved it.

When the kids were finally gone, she pushed Eric off the bed, angry. He fell on the floor with a thud.

"Really?" he asked annoyed and got up. She didn't care to answer and looked away.

"Well, in that case, I'll see you at my office, tomorrow at 8." he spat out knowing it's her duty to be there because her week off was over and since she had lost her leader position, she was assigned as his assistant.

In the next morning he left earlier to deal with some things before she arrived, he was ready to meet her.

"Where the fuck is my... assistant?!" he asked out loud after he had spent an hour doing paperwork. He went looking for her at home but she wasn't there- no answer. The Pit, Cafeteria, net room - no sign of her. The last place he thought of checking was the training hall. He opened the door and walked in seeing her punching the bag furiously.

"So I'm doing paperwork at my office wondering where's my assistant." he said marching to the other side of the bag but when she didn't react, he asked "Who's face you're imagining there?" She paused for a moment and looked at him. He saw her exhausted face in a different light than home, dark circles around her eyes, thinking, Fuck, her nightmares are literally killing her. She continued saying names between the punches "Jacks, Zane's.. Yours."

"Mine?" he was surprised and stood straight. "Well, why punch the bag when you can throw all the shit straight to my face." he teased, already taking off his jacket. She stared at him angry, wiping off the sweat with the back of her shaky hand.

"Come on, kittycat, I promise, I'm not gonna play it dirty." he teased standing in front of her. He could see the anger boiling in her but she needed a little push. "Are you afraid?" he asked with darkness in his voice and that's all she needed. She attacked him and he let her straddle and punch him few times before she stopped and asked "Why won't you fight me?"

"I think you have had way too many punches these days." he said but she punched him on his chest yelling tears in her eyes "Fight with me, god dammit!" He punched her off and got up, taking few steps back signing her to attack him. She did, with all the anger she had and he gave her a right hook on her jaw to make her stop. "Enough?" he crouched forward asking her, seeing bloody spit dripping out of her mouth. Next thing was her fist flying in his face and him flying backwards on the floor. She straddled him again and gave out punch after punch, seeing his bloody nose. Until he had enough.