Case File: Sam The Shy One

Case Status: Closed, being handled by Area [REDACTED]

Entry:

"This was a weird time in Ironside, on June 19th of 1996, an emergency broadcast by both the government and a research facility told everyone to keep indoors wherever they are currently, and do not interact with anything that looks human, but isn't actually human.

Apparently, what we find out more and more is something that broke out of the facility."

///////////////////

"Guys, a research facility and the government aired a message to keep everyone indoors at all costs, apparently something is going on."

"Should we get involved?"

"We have to, just in case, Joseph."

///////////////////

"So we patrolled around the city, looking for what's actually going on, nearly didn't find anything for nearly the whole evening, until we saw what really was on our hands.

It was a hunchback human, or what we thought was a human with a hunched-back, it had sharp, claw-like fingers, and was wearing torn clothing, apparently this wasn't a human, it was something that the research facility was keeping hidden from the public."

///////////////////

"Keep your distance, that isn't a human, don't fire unless absolutely necessary..."

///////////////////

"It turned around and saw us, but it scooted away from us, it was shy and was intending to be alone, all of us, excluding Officer Reece, left it alone, Reece was a troublemaking dude, he went up to it, and annoyed it, didn't do anything, until he hit it onto it's skull, he'd soon realize his mistake."

///////////////////

"FIRE!!!"

///////////////////

"It tore through every single officer, literally chewing on their organs after their death, only me, Sheriff Sawyer, Officer Kira, and Officer Daryl were the survivors of that massacre, it ran off into the forest, we chased it down to a huge cave, this cave was connected to a mineshaft that was a common place where teens would hang out after school.

///////////////////

"What the hell?!"

"Is that blood?"

///////////////////

"The whole cave was covered in blood and organs, Kira bent down and threw up most of her lunch onto the ground, i was completely shocked, there was no way anything human was able to cause much death and mutilation in the world.

We then find a scientist who was hiding behind a pile of discarded bones, skulls, and spines."

///////////////////

"H-hello?!"

"Oh shit, a survivor!"

"Sir, are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm pretty much alright, I wouldn't say the same for my colleagues who were brutally massacred..."

///////////////////

"We managed to save him and put him into the car, i chased down whatever that THING was, but before i did, i asked what that thing is to the scientist, he told me it was a creature that the research facility have been keeping hidden from public eyes, it was referred to as Anomaly #1932, or "The Shy One", the creature's hunchback state was due to it is deformed upper body skeleton, it is estimated to be 14 feet tall, it's arm's reach to the creatures shins, and as it name implies, it is shy around humans, but if attacked by one, it retaliates and kills it's assailant."

///////////////////

"Be careful, sir, that thing is impossible to kill, and impossible to keep calm during it's meltdowns!"

"I'll take my chances, Doc."

///////////////////

"I chased after that thing, which i gave it a name, "Sam", i found it crouching near a slumped skeleton with little bits of flesh on it, the face eyeballs were intact, but i knew this creature is not a safe anomalous life to mess with, i pulled out a doughnut i was going to eat for lunch, and poured blood from a leftover chunk of muscle onto the doughnut, it smelt it, and followed me out of the cave."

///////////////////

"Come on, Sam..."

"..."

///////////////////

"I literally did bring it outside, and the government was there already, i threw the doughnut into a big cage, and it jumped in and ate the doughnut, then sat back down, apparently, this creature not only likes flesh, but it enjoys sweets as well, which was told to me by the scientist.

The government then latched the cage onto the bottom of a helicopter and flew off, making it the last time I would see it again, but the scientist assured me that due to my interaction, I'd be a great candidate for testing sugar foods covered in blood with the creature."

///////////////////

"Don't worry, sir, it wouldn't forget you, you gave it a new treat, and it now loves what you gave it."

"I hope it enjoyed that new treat."

"I assure you, it will."

///////////////////

"Months after that whole encounter, I manage to get a message from the facility, saying that I am being employed for this testing experiment each weekend, meaning that me and the creature will have interactions and such, this also means I actually did not quit my job on the force, as I am the first police officer to interact with something that is classified."

///////////////////

"You think he's likely to be a great subject to test on this entity?"

"He is worthy, he is fearless, he is a genius of working progress."

"But, he'd be killed like the last guy that caused the incident."

"He has calmed it, it enjoys the treats he's giving it."

"Okay..."

///////////////////

"Document IRO Anomaly# 1932 has been given a new containment cell for it's well-mannered and tame manner to all staff and subjects, i request that we should promote Joseph to the Security Guard rank."

"Request approved, Dr. Phillips"

"Thank you."

///////////////////

"Well, I'm flattered, I didn't realize my interactions with Sam were a large credit to the facility."

"You deserved it, Joseph, now how about we get some lunch with your buddy and talk about releasing statement that Anomaly #1932 has been reranked to a Safe ranking."

"Sure, let's do that. Heh, weird story, I always imagined this facility being large and operative."

"It still is, Joseph, it's always been larger than any other facility."