Chapter 9

It wasn't even properly morning yet and Jisung was standing in his kitchen, preparing small dishes for the two people that he has the responsibility of.

Ever since he got fired from his previous job, he's been job deprived because duh, he also has bills to pay. Before he had his dad only but now another person added to his responsibilities. Thus, a job is a must for him to pass by with his bills. And now that after much struggling he finally landed as a barista in a cafe down the street, he doesn't want to be late on the first day of his job.

"Make sure nothing is out of its place when I come back or else,"

"When will you be back?", eyes still heavy with sleep, the half awakened black haired guy asked.

"Not sure... could be by evening or even later",

With his eyes closed Hyunjin could only hear Jisung rampaging through the kitchen cupboards, "I've already made something it's in the fridge, just heat it up," seeing that the taller is falling asleep while standing Jisung put the carton of cereal with a loud thud, startling Hyunjin awake again.

"I said I had made the breakfast and lunch already you just have to heat it up. Can you do that?" This time Jisung made sure that Hyunjin is listening carefully. Poor guy, who was squinting his eyes to manage it to stay open, nodded quickly.

"I can cook something," Hyunjin enthusiastically offered, now that he's a bit conscious.

But Jisung still remember the prior time when Hyunjin almost burned down the kitchen while making himself a ramen, "Don't! Please, I don't want to be back with my house on fire 'cause I'm very well aware of your cooking skills," and it got Hyunjin pouting.

"Stop pouting, you man-child. And yeah! make sure that my dad take his pills on time, okay?" For which Hyunjin nodded, half heartedly.

"I'll be off now. I don't want a mess when I come back" and with that Jisung was out of the door. Leaving behind a not so reliable Hyunjin to look after his apartment.

_

"I've been thinking about it ever since I've read that. I mean why would he travel so far and long when the real treasure was with him all the time", the debate was heated, Hyunjin was sharing his opinions on the book that he read a while ago which kept him captivated with it's confusing ending. And luckily for him, Jisung's father as well had also read the book since he has plenty of spare time as per say himself.

"So that's why that is the moral of the story." Jisung's father said. "Sometimes you don't have to look far away into unknown lands to find yourself happiness",

That made sense, at least now that Hyunjin is looking at it from the elder male's perspective "I guess you are right too",

Silence fell upon them and both them finished the microwaved food made by Jisung, "Anyway, time for your medicines",

"Hey, why don't you spare me for an hour or so, huh? I've been eating those bitter things for a long time right after my delicious meals. I need a break so that I can savour the flavours", Jisung's father made that look which a child would make to their parents when they want something, and honestly it made Hyunjin sway a little bit from his duty but the sharp words of Jisung rang in his head.

"But uncle, Jisung emphasised that I give you your medicines on time",

"I just ate so much that there is no more space for anything else",

"But-",

"No buts, listen why don't you just spare me today huh? And besides it is very difficult to get out of Jisung's wrath. Let's just pretend you gave it to me already", Hyunjin was way too soft hearted for this man.