Chapter one

Nixia 'Nix' Arvon was a normal girl, or so it would seem.

Nix's POV
I was in our ship trying to repair it. I was thinking of what happened to my home, Akiridion 4, a planet quite far away from the solar system where Earth was located. The silly humans even thought they were the centre of the universe! The statement always made me laugh. What wasn't so funny was the research base located near Arcadia. They tried to catch extraterrestrial life to make experiments on the so called Aliens. Poor things. I, my friend Stuart and Kendar were the only ones to ever escape.

"Kendar where is Nix?" I heard Stuart ask my brother. "In the backyard!" Kendar answered/yelled back.

I got out of the ship. "What do you need this time Stuart?" I asked annoyed, I mean, it was the fifth time already!

"You won't believe this: I just met Krel and Aja Tarron!" He yelled to me. "Cut it out with the yelling would you?" I asked him (Akiridians have very sensitive ears). "Oh right sorry..." He mumbled. "Now, back to the subject, you met princes Aja and prince Krel? Here?" I asked excitedly. "Yes and yes." He answered. "Do they know about us?" I asked again, this time worriedly. "No, only about me." He said. "Oof, I was scared for a moment that you told them, you and your big mouth." I jokingly said. "So they're on Earth? Why? Please tell me you know." I said. "Apparently Morando attacked them, sister." This time my brother answered. "And don't you have homework to finish?" He asked me. "Now that you mention it, I might have a math homework, but I'll do it in the morning." I said thinking. "No, you're doing it now!" He yelled at me. "As queen in waiting of Akaridion 4 I command you to shut up Kendar of house Arvon!" I said in a monotone voice. "Oh come on!" My brother said annoyed, he didn't have the ceremony, yet.

Aja's POV
I was in the maths class with Krel when I spotted a girl looking at me and my brother with an unreadable expression. I waved at her and for my surprise she waved back! I need to get to her when this class ends.

*time skip to break*
"Hi, I'm Aja Tarron, who are you?" I asked the girl I spotted in class. She had raven black hair with a green streak, green eyes and pale skin. "Hi Aja, I'm Nixia Arvon, but you can call me Nix." She said. "Oh and this is my brother Krel!" I introduced my little brother. "Nice to meet you Krel, though you don't exactly look like siblings... And this is my brother by the way, Kendar. And could you please speak more quietly, I have sensitive ears." She introduced a boy looking like her. "Nice to meet you." He said and walked of. "Oh, don't take that personally, he does that every time." She said. "So, when did you guys move in?" She asked me and Krel. "Yesterday." Krel said. "I see." She said.

"James Lake jr. and Nixia Arvon came into the directors office immediately!" A voice echoed through the hall. "Sorry got to go, see you later." She excused herself.

Nix's POV
Ok, did I just become friends with Aja Tarron?! I thought as I run to the directors office.

"You two were very absent trough the year, I might have to give you suspension!" Señor Uhl said to me and Jim. "Please don't suspend us sir!" Jim said. "Fine, instead you two will make our two newest students more at home in Arcadia, got it?" Señor Uhl said, we both nodded. "Now come with me."

A few moments later we entered a class where Aja and Krel were. "James, Nixia say hello to..." Señor Uhl got cut of by Aja's "Hi Nix!" "Hi Aja, hi Krel, meet Jim." I said. Señor Uhl left.

"I'm super bored, where are we going again?" Krel complained. "A super secret teen centre!" Jim answers. "What are those?" Aja said excitedly. "Looks like human bones, with bite marks. Now things are getting interesting." Krel joined her. "Teen center?" I and Claire ask Jim at the same time. "Let's see you justify how we're supposed to be collecting the feamour of a changeling and everything else on Merlin's list." Jim whispers back.

*time skip*

"Got the bones, what's left?" Toby asks Jim. "Lightning in a bottle?" Jim reads.

*time skip*
"Here's an idea, who wants to see the house of Arcadia's very own councilwoman?" Claire asks.

*time skip*

"There must be a better way to catch lightning in a bottle I, and the Tarron twins hear Jim from upstairs.

*time skip*

"Did we hear you say you're trying to capture lightning into a bottle?" Aja yells at Jim who's sitting on the roof of Claire's house. "Oh, we used to play that game when we were children." Yelled Krel. "No, no, you don't understand. Lightning like a thousand volts of electricity, in a jar." Jim yelled back. "Actually it's closer to several hundred million volts of electricity." I corrected them. "And that's not the way you do it." Krel said.

*time skip*

"They're geniuses Jimbo" I hear Toby as keep finishes doing modifying the jar. "Weirdo geniuses, that's the best kind!" Toby went on. "Of course some of my friends are far from ordinary." He finished. "We're all set!" Aja said leaning back. Right then another screen appeared. "Oh, give me that." I tell Aja when she fails to hack it. "How'd you do that?" They all ask surprised. "I might have stolen the acces codes a few years ago, and they might not have changed it." I shrugged.

*time skip*

"What is that" Aja said when Jim appears from the back of a car in an armour. "A... Safety suit!" Jim answers her. "Yeah, safety first!" Said Toby nervously. "We're catching lightning and you're wearing metal?" I ask them unimpressed. "Good point." Jim says.

*time skip to Aja and Krel's house*
"Lightning in a bottle, should we be concerned about what they're doing?" Krel asks. "Probably not." I answer him and head home.

Hi! I hope you're enjoying my new story, I don't know when I'm gonna be able to update, so it might take a while...

Hope you enjoyed!
🌌Andrea