Chapter two

Nix's POV
I was exhausted when I arrived home and I fell asleep right as I fell on the pillow.

•dream/flashback•

"Just smile and wave, smile and wave... Nixia where is your brother?" My mom asked me. "I don't know... In his lab?" I suggested. "Yes, that would sound like him. Rena go fetch Kendar." She told one of our bodyguards.

*When Rena returns with Kendar and I already get my mark*

"Would you grant me the honour of sparing with you my royal?" Rena asks me. "Yes, of course." I answer her and get in my fighting stance while my brother waits for his mark. Right then general Morando attacks. "Mom?" I go to my mom's uncoushius form. "Go my dear, get your brother and get out of here..." I hear her last words before she desintegrates. I grab her and dad's life core with two hands, my serator with another one and start pulling my brother with me towards the mothership...

•end of dream/flashback•

I woke up panting hardly with tears in my eyes. No, no, no, no, no! I run into the mothership towards the healing chambers where my parents were. Oof, they're still here. I relax. Then I hear a strange noise so I go check it out.

I change into my human form, activate the shield on the mothership and look around. I see nothing other than the trees. Then I hear that horrid sound again. I turn in the direction where it came from and see a blue glow. From the glow emerged a purple creature resembling a dog?! Wait, that is a pet creature from Akiridion 5, what is doing... That must be Aja and Krel's pet. I guess I'll have to bring it to them.

*time skip*

I knocked on the door of their house and it's opened by a very weird and woke up woman. "Hi? Is this pet yours?" I asked her. "What? No! Of course not!" She responded. "Right... Can I speak with Aja or Krel?" I ask. "I'll get them!" She said cheerfully. "What time is it?" I hear Aja growl from inside. "Oh hi, Nix!" She greets me. "Hello, can I come in? I need to talk with you." I tell her and enter. I sat on the couch and take out the purple pet. "Is this yours?" I ask her. "Ummm, no!" She responded. "You're terrible at lying, you know?" I said laughing. "What?" She asks. I sigh and transform into myself. "I said, you are bad at lying." I repeat slowly. "You're a spy of general Morando right?" She asked me with her serrator pointed at me. "Excuse me? Morando killed my mother, my father and wants me and my brother. I and you used to be best friends. Why in the seven galaxies would I be helping him? Remember your sister planet? Akiridion 4? I'm Nixia of house Arvon queen in waiting of Akiridion 4. You're welcome for the pet." I said, turned around, transformed into my human form and walked out.

Aja's POV
Nix is an Akiridion? What? She's a royal? I had so many unanswered questions. And I just lost my first friend in this place. "Wait! Nix, please wait!" I shout and run after her but she already disappeared into the woods. Nix... Wait... The Nix? My best friend? The Nix who was supposed to marry my brother? Oh no, no, no, no! "Seklos and Geilen" I cursed and went back inside. Right then Krel woke up. I told him what happend. But not what I remembered. He was as surprised as I was. "Nix is an Akiridion?" He asked me. "Yes!" I said. Then I look at the clock and froze. "We have to hurry little brother!" I said looking at the clock.

*Time skip to school*

"Nix! Wait!" I shout as soon as I see her. She doesn't stop walking so I run to her. "What do you want." She said, her voice colder than ice. "I'm sorry for what happened earlier today." I said. "But are you really?" She asked and entered a classroom. I follow her in, but she vanished. I exit the classroom and walk to my next class. And guess what? Nix was already there. I sit next to her. "I'm really sorry Nix. Please can we be friends again? I know I wasn't the best 'best friend' but please?" I pleaded. I remember her having a soft side when we were kids. "You just send me away when I brought you Luug!" She exclaimed. "I know, I'm sorry, but please?"

Nix's POV
Seriously, what does Aja think she's doing? She send me away. She doesn't remember me and now she does this? No way. "Fine, but if you do anything like that again I'm going to give you the glorious death Varvatos always wishes for, deal?" I said. Everyone deserves second chances. She hesitates for a moment before saying "Deal." "Miss Tarron and miss Arvon, this class is not for chatting!" The teacher says. "We're sorry..." I told her not feeling sorry at all.

On a paper I wrote 'Meet me in front of Stuart's truck at two o'clock. Bring your brother. Nix' and slid it into her bag, hopefully she'll find it in time. The bell rings signaling the end of school and I go home to see my brother already there. "Hi, what happened to you that you are already home?" I ask him. "I have been challenged to a math duel by some new kid." He says. "Is that a bad thing big brother?" I ask curious. "Of course not, besides it's none of your business little sis." He answered. "Don't call me little sis..." I hiss at him. "Fine..." He sighs and I go to our ship. "They grow up so fast..." I hear mom-blank say in the kitchen making me growl. "Oh, and I'm supposed to bring my passport, id card and similar nonsense to the school." I shout at them. "What?!" They all yell in union.

I make my way to Stuart's truck and order a diabolo maximus. As I take it Stuart start's with the usual nonsense and I just shush him. I look around and don't see Aja, or Krel anywhere so I wait. Just before I can take a bite from the burrito Toby stops me saying basically the same as Stuart. "I am aware." I say as I eat it waiting for Krel or Aja to come. I see Aja buying a diabolo maximus too and wave at her. "Aja! Over here!" I say to her. "Hi Nix!" She says to me. "So, how's it going? Are you settled in?" I ask her. "A bit..." She says taking s bite of the diabolo. Toby looks at us talking and eating the diabolo maximus with an open mouth. "Hey, Toby, you might want to close your mouth, you'll catch flies." I tell him.

Sorry for the wait, I run out of inspiration. Hope you enjoyed

🌌 Andrea