Chapter 5

Sana stands mesmerized listening to her favourite singer, singing only for her. Yes she was not imagining, Sidharth was singing only for her. He was not looking at anyone but her. His songs were about his feelings for her. 

Sidharth ends his songs with a thunderous applause. He gets down from the stage and is surrounded by people who come to congratulate him. His eyes start to search for her. She was standing at the back, looking at him. She loved his songs, he could feel it. He could feel her heartbeats, calling his name. He could feel the connection with her. He has to talk to her. Tell her what he feels, tell her what he wants. 

It took a few minutes for Sidharth to cut through the crowd to reach her. It felt like eternity for him. But when he finally reached her, she was gone. He keeps looking around for her. 
Sandip comes and says, “Wow! That was mind blowing. But what happened to you? Why does your face look so pale? Did you see a ghost or something?” 

Sidharth instead of answering him, goes to search for his mother. He finds her talking to someone. 
“Mom. Mom, I need to speak to you. Please can you come with me.”
He holds her wrist and takes her to the corner, “Mom, where is Shehnaaz?”
“How would I know? I introduced you both and you went to sing. I haven't seen her then. There are her parents. Go and ask them.” she says pointing in one direction. 

Sidharth finds her parents chatting with a music director. He gathers his courage and goes near them.
“Hello Mam, Hello Sir! Hello Ajay. Ajay I think Vishnu was asking for you.”, Sidharth says to the music director and he excuses himself to go.
“Mam did you take anything? Sir why don't you take something to drink? Waiter!” , he says.
Poonam says, “It’s okay Mr. Sidharth.”
“Sidharth, call me Sidharth. Where is your daughter? I mean she was with you right?”

Poonam replies, “You also call us aunty and uncle. And Shehnaaz, yes she was with us but she left. She was not feeling well.”
Sidharth was disappointed, “Oh!”
With a sad smile, “You both have something please.”

“Will you tell me anything? You were so happy a few moments ago. You meet your dream girl right. Sheh..Shehnaaz, right. Then what happened? Go and talk to her.”, Sandip says to Sidharth who sits on the bar stool holding a glass of water.
He looks up to him, “Shehnaaz is both.”
“What? What both? Bro please say everything clearly.”
“Shehnaaz is both my inspiration as well as my.. I mean she is the same girl. My neighbour as well as that girl I met in the morning. ”, Sidharth says.

Sandip gets excited and says, “What? I mean that's the best thing I have heard. Then why are you so disappointed? Go and talk to her. Where is she?”
“I felt she could read my lips, understand what I really wanted to say through my poems, through my songs. I felt we had a connection as I looked into her eyes while I was singing. I wanted to hear her voice, tell her what I felt. But when I went back to where she was standing, she was gone. Her mother told me, she was not feeling well so she left.”
Sandip confused at everything says, “So what? You now know who is your neighbour and you now know her name. You can meet her again. What is there to get upset?”

“How? Where? I don't know.”
Sandip puts his arm around his shoulders, “When Sandy is around, nothing to worry. I will find something, a way to bring the love birds together.”
Sidharth shakes his head, “Love birds? Seriously it's too much now.”
Sandip starts to laugh.

“Can we go back now? I am feeling sleepy?”, Sandip says sitting on a bench with his eyes closed.
“You only said, you are ready to sacrifice your sleep for me and now you want to go home so that you can sleep. Very good. What a friend!”
Sandip opens his eyes, “I genuinely want to help Sid. trust me. See I woke up and came with you na. But it has been more than an hour now. I think she will not come to walk her dog today. I promise I will plan something. Let's return home now. I can still get some sleep. I have hardly slept an hour at night.”