Chapter 7

Sidharth and Sana start hanging out together. Usually in the evenings they meet after he returns from his recordings. This is their time. They would sit and try to make a tune. Sidharth would write words to match the music. She would write down on a sheet of paper to tell him but most of the time, their eyes were enough to converse.

"Hmm.. Tere mere sapne aaj ek Hain
Rahein ek hai, manzil ek Hain.
Hath thame chalen ge yunhi,
Bhale hum do jism hai,
Hamari rooh ek Hain, dil ek Hain."

"Howz that?", asks Sidharth.
Sana nods her head with a smile.
She wrote, "This is really good. You now sing it with the tune I just made."
Sidharth nods his head after reading. He closes his eyes and hums the music he heard, the one she created.
Then Sana starts playing the keys and Sidharth starts singing along with it. He puts the words in the tune Sana plays. They create the mukhda or the intro of the song.

"Tu mujhe mili hai aaj 
Shayad  hame aise hi mili na tha.
Kahani humari yunhi bani thi
Shayad hame aise hi paas aana tha.

Hath thame chalen ge yunhi
Bhale hum do jism hai,
Hamari rooh ek Hain, dil ek Hain."

Sidharth finishes saying the next part of the song, the Antara. Sana smiles and starts playing the tune. He starts singing and she plays.
After they finish, they keep staring at each other. A smile is stuck on their faces as they look at each other. They have been working on this song for quite a few days now. 

They hear a clap and turn to see Sandip standing at the door, "Bravo! Stupendous! I mean this was really good. You both really create magic."
Sana smiles and Sidharth says, "Why are you here? You were supposed to go out na?"
Sandip puts his hand on his waist,"Hey this is not fair. I am giving you compliments and you want me out of the house. Wow! I hate you bro. Sana, you tell me, is this right?"

Sana shakes her head to say no. 
She writes down, "Sandy, thank you. You are most welcome to stay and listen to our song."
"Thank you Sana. Learn something from her. You are very sweet Sana.", Sandip says.
"Yes, she is. She is sweet, that's why she is asking you to wait here. You are a big disturbance and I know that. She doesn't. "
"Fine. I am going. Good bye.." Sandip turns to leave.

He stops taking a step, turns back and says,"Why am I going? I came here to call Sana. Sana, your mother had called. She wants you to go home now. Some guests are coming."
Sana nods her head. She stands up and looks at Sidharth. She smiles at him, raises her hand to wave and goes out.

Sidharth keeps looking at her till she goes out.
"Nothing will happen if you keep staring at her.", Sandip says. 
"What?"
"Exactly! What will happen if you do nothing but just make music?"
"Sandy, you have lost it.", Sidharth gets up and finds Sana's handkerchief. 
He smiles and picks it up and puts it near his chest.

"Yes, keep holding her handkerchief. Keep singing to her tunes. And one fine day, she will go away with her husband."
"What the F*** are you talking! Why will she marry?"
"Why will she not? She is a girl, she is beautiful, educated, and talented. Her family will obviously get her settled someday."
"No. She won't. She must make a career. She is so good."
"Hats off to you! Career? Really? Dumbo, why can't you accept the simple fact that you love her?"

Sidharth stares at him, "I.. I like her. But love.. no.. I don't think.."
"It is all written on your face. The way you look at her. The way you smile at her. You are learning sign language for her. Why? You can adjust just fine with her writing down and you reading it. You are taking extra effort in everything. Ask yourself why?"
Sidharth lowers his face,"I feel something for her. I had never felt like this for anyone. I wait all the time for this hour. Just to see her. Yes, I am excited to create music but I wait to see her beautiful face. She is always on my mind. All the freaking time."