Chapter 1

Starving for Affection

Lucius falls in love with a muggle woman.

Author's Note: I started writing this story at the beginning of this year, 2021. The first two chapters came so easily, within the span of a couple of hours. It took me three months to finish it and handed it to my good friend Carl for a final read-through and proof-reading on April 13th.

I was unaware of Helen McCrory's, aka Narcissa Malfoy, real life cancer affliction until her passing on Friday April 16, 2021. She was a beautiful soul and beloved deeply by her family, colleagues, and fans. Narcissa especially by Lucius. I hope this story reflects his continued love for her. Despite moving on.

Acknowledgement: Thank you from the bottom of my heart to my trusted "PA" Carl Corey, for proof-reading and continued support. You're a gem. X

To Helen

1

It was a rainy day in London. The sky overhead dark with thick clouds moving rapidly, pushed by strong winds, causing the heavy rain to be released sideways.

A headache had been brooding behind Lucius Malfoy's left eye. He needed some air. As he stepped out of the double doors of the office high rise onto Leadenhall Street, his umbrella, which he clumsily and laboriously tried to open, threatened to be taken out his hands by a sudden gust of wind.

He swore under his breath and finally managed to unfold the black contraption. His mood deteriorated further when his stomach growled, and he realized he was hungry on top of everything. The business deal he had worked on for the past few months seemed to fall through and the 10th anniversary of his late wife's death was tomorrow.

Narcissa's passing had broken him. The cancer had been detected too late; no magic able to cure her. To this day he visited her grave regularly, sat on the bench under the tree that shaded the site and spoke to her softly. The ache had softened over the years, yet it remained.

The rain pelted the umbrella relentlessly as he hurried along the sidewalk, his eyes darting left and right, scanning the street for any nearby coffeeshop.

He found his thoughts drifting to a newly developing hunger. One not food related. One he wasn't sure how he felt about, other than guilty. One deeper than the occasional shag could provide. Sure, they were pleasurable. Fun with no strings attached. However, of late he craved companionship along with a healthy, regular satisfying of urges. At moments like these he longed for someone to vent to other than his son. Someone to go home to.

At nearly fifty Lucius was a handsome man, tall, well-built and broad-shouldered. Women turned at the sight of him, their eyes following him, he knew. Age had been kind to him, his eyes a tender blue framed by thin lines, his hair more salt than pepper, cropped short as it was fashionable now, advised by his son Draco.

A huge splash from a passing car soaked his trousers and shoes and brought him out of his reverie. He swore loudly this time, calling after the driver, his fist raised then stumbled angrily into the golden lit interior of a café, still muttering.

The scent of strong espresso and freshly baked croissants helped to lift his mood a bit, although the many choices of brewed or iced coffees, varieties of teas or hot chocolates displayed in neat writing on a large chalk board across the entire back wall annoyed him immediately. He simply wanted a strong brew and a sandwich.

There were only a few guests inside, so he queued behind a slim, tall man in a beige overcoat, whose umbrella was dripping, creating puddles on the faux wood floor.