chapter one

1
Zach's POV:

The sound of church bells ringing above my head as I slowly walked straight to the altar. Everyone in attendance, as I went to the altar, all the happiness inside of me, vanished. Jack was nowhere to be seen, my soon to be husband left me at the altar, alone and with all the people in attendance. It was a disaster. I cried so hard that I fell on the floor, my makeup was ruined and smeared, the tears soaked my suit,  and my vision was blurry from all of the crying. I threw the bouquet of flowers on the side where my family and friends are and rushed out of the church and in the limo I was riding with.

(At the hotel)
I changed into my shorts, my black hoodie, and threw my engagement ring out of the window. I've known Jack since Freshman year of college, we would sneak into each others dorm rooms and chat, we had dates, it was all the love that Jack gave, but he also cheated on me with his ex. I laid down in bed, hugging a pillow in a fetal position. I took out my phone and opened Spotify. There I searched "Broken Strings" by James Morrison and Nelly Furtado, and streamed it. Every line of the song reminds me of the times where me and Jack truly love each other.

"You can't play on broken strings, you can feel anything that your heart don't want feel. I can't tell you something that ain't real,"

I cried as I replayed the memories with Jack. I remembered our first date at the carnival which ended with me getting a scratch on my leg. Our first start gazing on top of my father's truck, and our first time walking on the rain, and the time where we sitting at the park, he proposed to me which I accepted. All of these things,  memories, running around my head,  his voice,  I can still remember his voice saying "I love you," I close my eyes and cried myself to sleep.

Author's note: no hate on Jack though, it's for the plot. Have a good night or day, Rosettes! Bye!