The Dead Pastor

You paced outside the doorway with your hands on your hips. Your heart was beating out of your chest as you heard the murmuring behind the door.

You jumped out of your skin when you heard the door swing open. "What the fuck are we supposed to do now." Levi exited the room with Erwin on his heels. "I don't know. We need to gather more information." Erwin looked to you and nodded. "Y/N will accompany you again."

Levi looked over to you and you could see the emotion in his eyes change. "Come on. No need to waste anymore time." Levi grabbed ahold of your sleeve and pulled you down the hall.

"Wait, where are we going?" Your feet dragged across the floor as you tried to keep up with him. "To question Pastor Nick again." Levi took the same route to the basement and headed down the stairs.

He hadn't let go of your sleeve yet, but you didn't mind. "What do we have to question him about if he already told us about the walls." You and Levi stopped in front of the door to the room that held the pastor.

"Anything. Anything at all. Since going to Ragako, there's more fucking weirdness going on." Levi stood in front of you and kicked open the door.

Instead of going into the room, Levi stood still in the doorway. "Fucking hell!" Levi punched the doorway and stepped to the side.

Your stomach turned as your eyes scanned the scene. At first all you could see what blood. Blood splattered everywhere The floor, the walls, the chair that Nick once sat in. Your eyes landed on the body laying in the middle of the floor. There was a large blood puddle right underneath him. The table that once held all the tools was empty, and some tools were thrown on the floor and covered in blood.

"Great. Our one fucking lead is gone." Levi entered the room and crouched down to examine the body. "Can you report back to Erwin?" Levi looked behind him to you and you didn't hesitate to move.

You darted down the hallway of the basement and back up the stairs. You raced to Erwin's door, to see the door wide open. "Erwin!" You screamed out his name as you came flying into the room.

You caught Erwin off guard. He bolted up from his chair and stared at you. "What it it?" Erwin was looking at you as he held a letter in his hand.

"Pastor Nick was killed." As those words left your mouth, Erwin's body froze up.

"Your squad, Levi's squad and some others will be leaving on a mission tomorrow morning. I was called to the capital." Erwin held up the letter and walked towards the door.

"But what about Nick?" You were slightly confused by what was going on. "It seems as though someone doesn't want us to know the truth."