Chapter Eight :>

Short chapter cause I have no motivation TwT
————————-
I have heatwaves stuck in my head. Don't. Tell. My. Family. Why. I. Like. The. Song. So. Much
————————-
-Sykkuno POV-
Sykkuno sat up, and put his hand on his pounding head. He was dizzy, and quite frankly just wanted to sleep. Sykkuno put both of his shaking arms on the ground, and heaved himself up.

'Why the heck is this happening? First day of school and I'm already sick.' Sykkuno felt ashamed. 'Am I really this weak?' Sykkuno rolled up his sleeves, to reveal a series of bruises and cuts. 'I am.' Sykkuno concluded, as he looked at the scars.

"It's not my fault people hate me because I'm a nerd." Sykkuno muttered under his breath, trying to smile a bit. The grin quickly faded into a frown as he realized they probably hated him for his upbeat personality.

"Mmm," Sykkuno blinked in surprise as he realized the sound he made. He sighed slightly, before going to the bathroom drawer. Sykkuno pulled out his phone, and went to his Twitter page. He felt his tail twitch as he looked at the comments from his recent tweet.

("Bruh you do realize everyone follows you just to laugh right?")

("Lmao he can't even smile right")

("He's kinda ugly tbh")

(((Note from author: I'm cringing while writing this PLEASE-)))

Sykkuno dropped his phone on the bathroom floor, and winced as he heard it break.

'Dang it, dang it! My family is gonna kill me when they find out that I-'

"Sykkuno?" Corpse's raspy voice made Sykkuno jump. "C-Corpse! You should be sleeping!" Corpse flattened his ears, "Yeah you're gonna have to get used to seeing me up."

Sykkuno quickly bent down to pick up his half broken phone, and put it back in the drawer. Corpse raised an eyebrow at him, but Sykkuno looked at the door trying not to notice.

"I'm heading to bed." Sykkuno said quickly, flinching as Corpse grabbed his hoodie's sleeve. "Why'd you drop your phone?" Corpse asked, making Sykkuno gulp. "It was an accident, sorry if it woke you." Corpse shook his head, "Sykkuno I need an actual answer." He pressed, as Sykkuno ducked under Corpse's arm.

"That was my answer. Go to bed, Corpse." Sykkuno said, only to realize Corpse's confused face looking back on him. Corpse grabbed Sykkuno's sleeve again, making Sykkuno narrow his eyes. "Leave me alone!" He spat, pulling his sleeve away.

"Sykkuno," Corpse's voice was filled with worry but had a tinge of anger in it too. Sykkuno flattened his ears, "S-Sorry." He stuttered, quickly turning back to face Corpse.

Corpse looked down on Sykkuno, his tail was soothed up but it fluffed out as Sykkuno reached for his hand.

Corpse pulled it away, making Sykkuno nervously back up. Sykkuno couldn't tell what Corpse was feeling, he just hoped it wasn't anger.

'I thought it would be fun having a friend. I-I hate it so far.' Sykkuno jumped as he heard Corpse's deep voice, "Are you scared of me?"

Sykkuno froze, 'Scared of him..?' Sykkuno said nothing, just shook his head and stumbled over to his bed.

Sykkuno felt himself tear up, as he slid into bed.

'It's gonna be a long night.'
——
One of my least favorite chapters 🌝👌