Chapter 1

UGH! WHERE AM I? What is this place? Why am I on the sidewalk? My head is swirling, I feel sick, dizzy even, or nauseous...  I don't know, all I know is that I feel terrible.

I tried standing up, still felt dizzy but the cool breezy air helped me relax a bit. I noticed something, something major. I wasn't at Stanford. The surroundings felt different and odd. No one who was walking down the sidewalks looked anything like the people I know from Stanford, that's for sure.

I tried to figure out where I was, trying to find some clues, maybe some signs. I wanted to ask the people that were walking down the sidewalks, but I was scared. I didn't know what to say, I might look stupid and pathetic.

Maybe I should walk around instead. Maybe I can find someone or something to help me out at least. I can't stay here for long or else I will panic without realizing it. Oh, how I wish my friends were here with me. Bon Bon will be nagging me trying to figure it out. Boris and Hazel will start to question what the hell is going on.

But they're not here. They're not here...

I started to feel alone... more scared...

//

I STARTED TO CRY.  Why? Why am I crying in public?! In all places to cry, why do I have to do it in public? My head started to get flooded with memories. I tried wiping the tears but they kept coming back. My face became hot. I couldn't think of what to do, so  I started to run until I found somewhere. Somewhere to hide and finally find out where I am.

I was out of breath,  panting and sweating. I saw a toy store. A pretty nice one to be exact. I read the sign: The Blyndeff Toy Emporium. I checked my pockets if I had my phone and my wallet, also apparently my charger. I was surprised I had some cash, maybe a few bucks.

I went inside and was greeted by a child?!

I wasn't expecting someone so small. She looked like she's a 5th grader. "Why is there a 5th grader running this shop?" I thought to myself. 

I was so confused and stumped. But I continued. I looked for a toy that maybe Conner would like, a toy that he will appreciate forever. I looked around the shop. 

"Hello, sir do you need some help?" the girl at the register asked me.
"Uhm yeah, I do. Do you guys have any . . . Umm... toy planes or cars?" I quickly answered back.

"Oh yeah we do I think it's in the back. I will go check." She got off her chair and started walking to the storage room.

I waited for her to come back from the storage room. I just wanted to be home. Mom and dad are probably worried... Maybe the police are trying to find me. I will be on the news!! I start slightly panicking. I just wanted someone to help me. Right here. Right now.

The girl finally came back. I didn't notice her outfit until now. Her bear hoodie looked cute.

"Alright, here you go. Hehe, I couldn't find any toy planes but I saw this police car. Hopefully, you don't mind." She handed me the toy police car. 

"No no it's fine, I will just pay for it." I walked in front of the register.

The girl nodded  and walked to the register. She scanned the toy car. "That will be $20.99." I took out my money and gave it to the girl.

"Hey, I know this is a weird question but what is this place called?"

The girl gave me a weird look but answered, "Sweet Jazz City?"

"Oh okay, thanks!"

Before I left, I turned to look at her. "What is your name by the way, if you don't mind me asking," I asked her shyly.

"Oh, my name is Molly." She gave an awkward smile. 

"Also one more thing." I turned back one more time. "Do you have a business card?" I asked her.

"Oh yeah! Here!" She took out the business card and gave it to me.

"Thanks!"

I left the store, and I examined the card. I put it in my pocket. Now I have no home. Nothing, just a brand new toy car.