Chapter 2

IT WAS GETTING DARK. I felt my body shriveled up. The night was getting real cold around here. I wrapped my arms around my body whilst still holding that toy car. I started walking, no, not just walking. Running.

Where? I don't know, I just wandered until I found something.

I saw a nearby hotel. I was relieved. Felt like everything might be okay... Until I found out about the price of one night.

"50$ a night?!" I thought to myself

I wasn't so surprised, but I was going to be broke. I only had so much. I took out my wallet giving the money to the receptionist.

She gave me a card for my room. Room 108. Got it.

"Thank you, madam." I waved goodbye, she did the same.

I went into the elevator. I never liked being in an elevator filled with people I don't know, but luckily no one was there. I pressed floor two where my room was.

The hotel had a nice fresh smell. I got off the elevator, I started walking down the hallways until I found my door. Not too hard to find. I took out my card key and opened the door.

It looks very nice and fancy, but nothing like I had seen before. One time me and my family went to Florida and gosh the hotel we spent the night in was luxurious and hella fancy. So expensive. So many things to do. The spa was my mom's favorite.

Thinking about those memories that made me feel like... I need to be home. I need a home.

I took off my shoes and put down the toy car. I plopped myself on the bed. I didn't bother trying to put the blankets on me, I just wanted to sleep in peace.

//

I WOKE UP. The sun was shining through the glass window. The bright light it hurt my eyes. I got up to close the curtains.

Look at the side-drawers I saw my phone charging, it was full. I don't remember charging it last night, oh well whatever. I started grabbing my things and going to the elevator.

There were more people. I felt sick. I didn't like it, not one bit. I took a deep breath and went inside. There were two adults and one kid who was probably five-years-old. He was crying and kicking me. I was annoyed.

The parents felt bad and tried to apologize for their son's behavior. I accepted. I didn't really care.

I got out of the elevator, finally out of there. I walked out to the lobby at the entrance.

Coming back outside..... Now, where should I go? I have no money, no car, no family...

I know! This might work. I took out the business card. I looked at it. This is maybe my only hope of surviving in this new world of "Sweet Jazz City."