Chapter 3

I STARTED WALKING, I mean I wasn't expecting to want to work in retail again... Oh god that was hell, straight up hell.  Gosh I wish I was home, I wish- I stopped.

I heard my stomach rumbling, giving me a sign to eat, but I had no money, nothing. Perhaps I can steal? No no! I can't, I have a reputation to keep. Even in a world of strangers and people who I honestly don't care or think about.

My stomach soon rumbled louder. I groaned. I wanted food, I do.  I will die if I don't. But I check my pocket.

I suddenly had money? $20. I don't remember having this at all! I wasted all that money on that stupid hotel. I guess I have money to keep me alive wherever you come from, money... I noticed a coffee shop not too far from where I was walking.

I walked into the coffee shop, it smelt great. Amazing even! The cafe felt warm, cozy, and gosh couldn't get enough of that smell. It smelt like brownies. I saw that there were some adults there. I stood behind a pretty fat dude.

I didn't mind, as long as I could see the menu. I like my coffee black, no sugar, I hate sugar; even though I love Dr. Pepper and DQ. I can never like anything sweet in my coffee. I was looking around, I saw a cake-pop, I guess I'm also getting a cake-pop.

My stomach continued to rumble once again. I was getting annoyed and impatient.

Finally, it was my turn to be at the front.

"Hi, can I get a medium-size black coffee, no sugar, please? And a strawberry cake pop."

I ordered from the young boy, he looked about my age, maybe older but still.

I grabbed my drink, I felt that same dizzy feeling again. Why am I feeling like this? I slowly walked out to the door of the coffee shop.

That same sick feeling. I hate it. I continue to walk, just walking, not knowing where I'm walking too. Then I came to a stop. I took out the business card, trying to find that same address of that toy store.

I'm not good at remembering things at times like this. Sometimes I wish I had a good memory.
After what seemed like an eternity of searching I finally stumbled upon my destination. The exterior of the store gave me ... a warm nostalgic feeling. I mean that same dizzy feeling was there but I guess it's fine, I hope so anyway. 

A soft jingle was heard as I pushed the door. Stepping inside the store. I never exactly admire how clean and organized this place is, especially for someone that's probably 5 years old.

//
I TURNED MY HEAD towards the girl. Molly was her name I believed. I saw her slowly spinning around the stool, she stopped spinning and looked at me.
"Oh hello again!" She waved and smiled. I can't tell if that smile was genuine or just fake. I waved back at her. Then soon a tsunami of anxiety washed over my body. I stood there not knowing what to say. I had that same sick feeling from the coffee shop again. I hate this...

I zoned for what seemed  like ages..

"Uhh, are you okay? Need something?" She said with slight confusion but with concern.

I snapped back to reality.

"Y-yeah I do. I was wondering if I can work here?" I gave her a sheepish smile.

Molly looked at me, not knowing what to say. She looked hesitant to answer. She looked down and then looked up at me.

I looked down. It was silent. It was awkward and uncomfortable. The awkward silence grew until her voice spoke up.

"Sure"